Did You Do Cheers on Triumph?

DTXCruiser

Trying this again...surely some has done Cheers on the Triumph?

Just trying to get some details on how smoothly (or not) the actual set up went. Specifically, where you had to set it up, how long it took, how long lines were, etc...

Come on CCers....let me hear from ya.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I think you might be confusing things. the cheers program is where you are allowed 15 alcoholic drinks per day ($10. or less)(plus unlimited soda and some non alcoholic drinks). there is no 'set up' or anything. you purchase the cheers program on the first day or second day and then go get a drink. you have to space your orders 5 minutes apart.

here is a good link about the program

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1792047&highlight=cheers

Edited by hftmrock

Thanks for the reply...but I'm not confused. I realize what it is, just wondering how the program is purchased and how easy or difficult it was to set up...for example, is there a long line, is there a specific location to purchase it, how early into the cruise you can purchase , etc

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

When you board the ship, you can purchase the Cheers program from the Atrium Bar or you can go to the small table they have set up near the pool bar area. Normally this is the better option since everyone is getting a drink from the Atrium Bar when they board.

The process is simple, they swipe your sail and sign card and place a sticker on it. From that point on you purchase the drinks as normal. (Any bar on board, a waiter walking around the ship, dinner, etc...)

Lines vary but it goes quick to purchase the card and the lines at the various bars to purchase are based on time of day or location.

We really enjoyed the program. We knew exactly how much we were spending on alcohol, unlimited soda's were included, and the bartenders seemed to provide a better service.

I hope this helps,

Since the OP is sailing out of Texas will the table be set up the first day? Curious myself since we are sailing the Triumph next month.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

On sailings out of Texas the Cheers Program is available on the second day. Have not done the Triumph for a bit, but on the Magic there are many locations, and the line is never long, usually a table is set up on the Lido Deck and certain bars (like the Atrium) can sell the Cheers as well.

OP don't get too worried, there are not long lines for Cheers, you won't go thirsty... ;)

Edited by drosphot

From my buddy that bought it for himself and his wife going out of Texas. This is what he told me. He said he wished it would have been available on embarkation day, but it wasnt. He said they bought it, when it became available, Day 2 "Fun day at Sea".

He said they feel they definitely got their moneys worth for that first day it was available, however he said on in port days, its not that great of a deal. Because with you being off the ship until practically 4pm...and usually returning tired and already buzzed from sitting on the beach, its hard to get your 15 drinks in for that day. So he said considering you have to buy it for everyone over 21 in your cabin and you have to buy it for the duration of the cruise...bottom line he still felt Carnival had the upper hand as its hard to have enough drinks to make it a cost savings.

Your mileage may very.

Heck, i thought about buying it for me and my wife fir our upcoming June cruise on the Magic, but knowing my wife cant drink that much after having gasteric bypass surgery, i know there is no way she'll drink her $50 worth per day.

however he said on in port days, its not that great of a deal. Because with you being off the ship until practically 4pm...and usually returning tired and already buzzed from sitting on the beach, its hard to get your 15 drinks in for that day.

It's not a great deal on hangover days either. :o

"Just a Sprite this time please!"