What's up with Breakaway and Getaway bookings?

Cruz35

Not true. I booked a June sailing on the BA with the free dining package last week for $3,400. The month before, the same cabin was going for $3,900 and NO package. Plus, since we've booked, we got a free 3-category upgrade and a price slash of $120.

Not true for you perhaps but it was for me and the dates I looked at for this summer as well as the fall.

I took advantage of getting my first Haven Suite for September week after school starts in NY and Canada. Price for 3 included UDP and UBP for 2. I think the rules may require me to purchase UBP for the third....not sure. A few days later I noticed priced reduced ?? The 3rd person was added free with just taxes payable. I called called and got $400 off my original price. Keep watching during the promotion. Things can change.

The Freesome Promo includes the Ultimate Beverage Package for all in your suite and the first two people listed have the Ultimate Dining Package. It's your choice whether the 3rd person wants to purchase the UDP. If the 3rd person is a child I wouldn't bother. They eat for 50% off the specialty menu and free off the kids menu anyway.

Edited by peg013

I booked last Friday (3/7/14) for my August 2014 cruise on the Getaway. I booked a spa suite so I got both the UDP and UBP.

Since the promotion is over tomorrow, I'm curious to see what the price for my cabin will be.

I can always cancel and re-book if the price goes way down.

;)

wasiii

Well I changed my room last night from a Haven Spa Suite to a regular Haven Suite. Saved $54 but it'll cost me more to get the spa passes for the week now. My wife was fine with the Haven Spa Suite until I showed her the deck plans and she said she wanted to be IN the Haven. So I called up my TA @ 9:50 PM ET since they close @ 7:00 PM PT and I didn't want to lose the Ultimate Freesome package. A half hour later it was all changed and I had gotten an extra $50 OBC to boot.

Now I checked the prices this morning on NCL and lo and behold the prices were the same without the Ultimate Freesome package, although they were now offering a $150 OBC instead.

Glad I booked under the promotion.

:D

wasiii

I think a lot of things play into this. For the balcony cabins, for 2 passengers the UDP is like a $382 cabin credit (cc)... not much more than the $300 cc you sometimes see. For the spring months, as someone mentioned, Florida has a lot of cabin inventory. Most of the ships that normally sail in other locations like Alaska, New England, Europe, etc. sail out of Florida in the spring, so it's harder to fill the big ships. Finally, changing the "perks" doesn't have the currently booked passengers clamoring as much for refunds as a price drop does.

Here were the prices from the NCL website:

Item #DescriptionPriceUDP6per person during cruises of 3 to 6 days$59.00UDP7per person during cruises of 7 days$119.00UDP9per person during cruises of 8 to 9 days$149.00UDP10per person during cruises of 10 to 15 days$199.00UDP16per person during cruises of 16 to 25 days$259.00UDP26per person during cruises of 26 to 35 days$299.00UDP36per person during cruises of 36 to 45 days$349.00

wasiii