Can anyone post photos of rooms with 4 people

CrystalBelle

and how you organized everything?

I'm so stressed out. Last time I cruised was on the ship out of Mobile, AL I know it was the smallest ship ever but just hubs and I in the room and I felt it was so packed, this time we have 4!!!

What are some good tips, like an over the door shoe rack? for storage of toothbrushs/hygiene products?

and how you organized everything?

I'm so stressed out. Last time I cruised was on the ship out of Mobile, AL I know it was the smallest ship ever but just hubs and I in the room and I felt it was so packed, this time we have 4!!!

What are some good tips, like an over the door shoe rack? for storage of toothbrushs/hygiene products?

There are different configurations for different cabins on different ships.

What ship are you sailing on, and what cabin category...this info would help us answer your questions/post pictures.

Thanks,

I don't have any pics on my computer that I can post, but you can see some examples on cruiselinerooms dot com. Generally speaking if the room holds 4 there will either be two twins on the floor with bunks that pull out. Most rooms with this configuration you cannot put the beds on the floor together for a king because then you will not be able to get into the bunk without stepping on the bed.

There are other types of rooms, however, like porthole rooms where the twins convert to a king and the sofa converts to a bed and a bunk is above the sofa.

Most people usually don't realize that their suitcases can fit under the beds and there is drawers under the couch. In the bathroom there is usually 4 little shelves for toothbrushes, etc. otherwise you can use over the door organizer. If you need more room in closet put the life jackets on floor or under bed for shelf space.

Yes, you can have the bottom beds as a king in a 4 person room. I've done it every time I've sailed with my kids. The ladders attach at the foot of the bunks.

We store our suitcases under the bed and unpack immediately. Then, we use the suitcases for dirty clothes, souvenirs, things that we are done using as soon as we don't need them anymore. I've never used a shoe organizer for anything but I'm the only girl in the family so I cruise with low maintenance boys. It always works out just fine.

That looks like a tight squeeze for an oceanview. We had a Porthole room on Valor with 4 people and I just looked at my pictures. There is actually an end table between the bed and bunks and there is room next to the bed for a chair. You can see an example of Porthole room on Valor on cruiselinerooms dot com. Check out room 2217. In 2220 the couch converts to a bed and the bunk pulls out of ceiling.

I use the over the door shoe organizer and it works wonders for keeping the bathroom counter and desk area uncluttered. I also put the suitcases under the bed unzipped and we put all the dirty clothes back in there and any souvenirs or other things we buy. I have had 3 in a room with my DH and my teenaged daughter. I just made sure that everyone picked up after themselves each morning before leaving the cabin and put away anything used during the day. The cabin can stay uncluttered if everyone does their part.

The reason I choose one room is because it is just me and my 3 kids. My husband could not get off work for the cruise so for spring break I just decided to cruise with the kids. I'm just worried about the space, I will make due with whatever we get. I just want the kids to have a good time!

I can take some pics next week and send you when we get back, we have one group of 4 girls sharing an inside room on the Dream. Should be interesting, I was helping one of them check in and told her to make sure to print 2 of the luggage tags and she told me she needed 4...ouch! I can just imagine all 4 of them showing up with 3 to 4 pieces of luggage each.

The four of us have sailed twice in ocean views (freedom, victory) and once in a balcony (dream). For space, we actually preferred the ocean views. Of course, it is not a spacious penthouse suite, but with 2 adults and 2 teens, we had no problem at all and are sailing again this summer in an ocean view. You will be fine, enjoy your cruise!

we just had 4 of us in a balcony cabin...it was FINE! I was nervous about it, but we had more than enough space. the extra space (balcony) helped, but really, we were not in the room that much that it mattered. when we needed to, we staggered for showers (girls first, lol).

I will not hesitate to book the 4 of us in a room again. big $$$ savings!

We had an OV on The Dream, 2 adults and 2 kids. We were fine, didn't feel crowded at all. Of course, we didn't spend too much time in the cabin (also The Dream has 2 bathrooms). We are sailing on The Fascination in May with 3 adults (aft balcony), not sure how that will be? Maybe you can report back your experience?

Our last cruise on the Glory we had 4 in a porthole cabin. DH and I had the king. DS (16) had the pull down bunk and DD (14) had the sofa which converts into a bed. We never have a problem. You can also google images for pictures.

this is the set up for 4.. and this was a balcony on the Valor

IMG_0804.jpg"]IMG_0804.jpg[/url]

IMG_0803.jpg"]IMG_0803.jpg[/url]

These pictures are misleading, because the OP is on a Fantasy class ship, and there will not be a couch. These pictures are taken of an inside on Fantasy, but the OV will look the same:

FantasyM88-2.jpg

The cot in this picture is for a fifth person:

FantasyM88-1.jpg

I'm sorry, I don't have pictures, But we did four in our inside room on Breeze. DH and I shared with our 2 kids (then 7 & 10) and it was cozy but totally fine. The kids were in bunks that folded down from the ceiling (which they totally loved).

We took command hooks to use on the wall to hang things, and that was helpful, but the over the door shoe holder didn't work as well as I'd hoped. It tended to stick out too far into the hall space and we were forever bumping stuff out of it.I'll still take it next time though.

You'll manage. I'm sure things will get a little cluttered, but you won't even notice because you'll be having so much fun!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

These pictures are misleading, because the OP is on a Fantasy class ship, and there will not be a couch. These pictures are taken of an inside on Fantasy, but the OV will look the same:

FantasyM88-2.jpg

The cot in this picture is for a fifth person:

FantasyM88-1.jpg

Essiesmom beat me to it. Definitely pay attention to her pics here and not the ones posted earlier. Fascination's OV rooms will look just like this, only with a window added in and the cot removed. Fascination's OVs cannot be compared to a balcony or OV on larger ships, as those rooms on the larger ships (such as Dream, Breeze, Splendor, Valor) are larger than Fascination's OVs. No sofa. We had 4 & then 5 adults in a room exactly this size & setup on my 1st 2 cruises. It was tight, but we managed alright. We could have benefited from the advice given on threads like these.