Waitlisted

kenandteri

Hi all! We have a party of 13 going with us on the Sunshine in less than 3 weeks! I worked with my PVP at Carnival and she linked all of our bookings so we would be seated together at dinner. The problem I have is that some in the group are still showing YTD/waitlisted for late seating on their online account - we all want to be late seating. If we are all linked together, doesn't this mean we should all be at the same time? Any suggestions on how I can fix this?

Hi all! We have a party of 13 going with us on the Sunshine in less than 3 weeks! I worked with my PVP at Carnival and she linked all of our bookings so we would be seated together at dinner. The problem I have is that some in the group are still showing YTD/waitlisted for late seating on their online account - we all want to be late seating. If we are all linked together, doesn't this mean we should all be at the same time? Any suggestions on how I can fix this?

Depending on when the ones that are waitlisted booked, linking the reservations HELPS but does NOT guarantee anything. When you board the ship, the Maitre 'd will be in one of the dining rooms to try to handle issues like that. Or you can TRY to email the Maitre 'd ahead of time, Ken Byrne is the current Maitre 'd on the Sunshine until late March and he is excellent with trying to work issues out. Email him at shmaitred@carnival.com.

The previous posters gave great advice. If for some reason it doesn't work though, you can all switch to anytime dining and just set a reoccurring reservation for the same time and table in the anytime dining section. A good backup plan for everyone to get to enjoy dinner together.

I agree with emailing the MD, and if no response, visit at the designated hour listed in your Funtimes after you board. We've have 100% success over the years.

Thanks. Just emailed him. Fingers crossed! We are doing a lot of celebrating on this cruise - anniversaries, graduations, birthdays... pretty much every night

The previous posters gave great advice. If for some reason it doesn't work though, you can all switch to anytime dining and just set a reoccurring reservation for the same time and table in the anytime dining section. A good backup plan for everyone to get to enjoy dinner together.

Carnival does not take reservations for anytime dinning. RCI does.

Hopefully it will be resolved before you go. We have two cabins linked, booking made at the same time and for some reason our kids got waitlisted, not even assigned any dining time and my husband and I were confirmed for early as we requested. The only advise Carnival could give us was to meet with the MD when we board. Thankfully they were finally confirmed for early. Keep checking, hopefully they clear the waitlist before sailing.

Carnival does not take reservations for anytime dinning. RCI does.

Last year on the Liberty we were a group of 6 doing anytime.

Liked our waitstaff the first night and made up with the MD that they would hold the table for us from 6 15-6 30 each night and it worked out great.

If you dont all get late seating would try this by seeing MD.