Halloween on Carnival?!

cruising_diva

My family of 3 is booked on Carnival Dream for Oct. 26. When I booked, I didn't even notice that we would be on the boat for Halloween. How does Carnival celebrate? I know there is a costume contest and that some members of the staff dress up. My family are all adults. I am mostly curious as to whether Carnival will have Halloween activities all week long, or just on Halloween day. We're not big on costumes and I am having second thoughts. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

I've cruised over Halloween twice. People wear costumes to dinner. There is a costume contest. There are decorations throughout the ship. Possible drink specials and special desserts. It's really just the one night although the decorations usually go up the day before. It's a lot of fun but I love Halloween and costumes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright, I feel much better now! I was worried that the entire cruise would be all about Halloween, and that's not what I wanted. This will be fine!

We have a Halloween tradition where we watch the movie Hocus Pocus every year and eat pizza. I wish that they would show that movie out on deck. That would be amazing. I read somewhere that they played Beetlejuice. Hocus Pocus is another great family option!

Thanks for your replies. You have put my mind at ease!

Alright, I feel much better now! I was worried that the entire cruise would be all about Halloween, and that's not what I wanted. This will be fine!

We have a Halloween tradition where we watch the movie Hocus Pocus every year and eat pizza. I wish that they would show that movie out on deck. That would be amazing. I read somewhere that they played Beetlejuice. Hocus Pocus is another great family option!

Thanks for your replies. You have put my mind at ease!

I'm flying down on Halloween this time. I'll be the one wearing a witch hat headband on the plane :)

It's definitely not all week. It's really a lot of fun to see all the costumes people come up with.

Edited by Ehpride

The wife and i was on a cruise over Halloween and it was alot of fun, we had a blast, dressed up and all. You will have a lots of fun.

Edited by gene g

We did the Halloween cruise on the Miracle out of New York in 2012 which turned out to be the hurricane cruise. Halloween was a ton of fun as others have said and we would definitely do it again. Make sure to bring costumes and be part of a big party.

We did Magic in 2012 for Halloween. We planned on being all festive and we fizzled. LOL Ok, I had too much rum punch in port and didn't want to get out of bed. (oops, really.....)

It was more of a hype for the kids and 20-somethings in the club that night, I think.

There were 1,000 different pirates of all ages. Some really creative costumes.

It will be fun - but not if you don't care to play. And, yeah, not all week.

We were on Fascination last year for Halloween. We did not dress up; but really enjoyed seeing all those who did! There were some fantastic costumes and everyone had so much fun. The rest of the week is normal, just the one day of celebration.