Celebrity Summit : Kids program open?

JEDIKNIGHT

1st off, do relax. We aren’t the family that brings their kids on a cruise, lets them run around and whine in the dining room or shows, and screw up serenity by the pool or whatever. Our kids are well behaved, and would be with us OR the nanny doing kid-stuff, not ruining other people’s peace on vacation.

Our once frequent traveling has been curtailed since we had kids, only because of the inconvenience and also, because we keep being told by the powerful that it’s wrong to enjoy fruits of one’s success. (So saving more money instead of spending. )

Anyways, thinking of a May Bermuda cruise on Summit.

Does anyone know if the Kid’s Club is open during that time? I ask because it’s not a traditional vacation time for kids.

Thanks!

We traveled to Bermuda last year on the a Summit on Memorial Day holiday and are doing so again this year-May 25-June 1, 2014. My son will be 13 and in the X Club ages 12-17. We are bringing his cousin with us this year who is also 13. There were a lot of children from UK last year and some Americans and they had the BEST time...never saw him except meals. It is open 10 am til noon, 2-5 pm and then 8-midnight for teen club. There were also a fair number of younger kids in the kids club. All the counselors were the best and there was such a great number if different things to do that changed every hour. I would say all total there were probably 30-40 kids of all ages participating. Of all the cruise lines we have sailed, Celebrity's program is the best. When in May are you traveling and what ages are your kids?

One of the best parts of my day on board is watching the children and teens march through the ship - usually on their way to the Lido for an afternoon snack.

With that said, we have cruised almost every month of the year and there is always a program for the children.

As for May, some parts of the country start summer vacation in very early May.

You children will not be lonely!!!!!!!!!!

We traveled to Bermuda last year on the a Summit on Memorial Day holiday and are doing so again this year-May 25-June 1, 2014. My son will be 13 and in the X Club ages 12-17. We are bringing his cousin with us this year who is also 13. There were a lot of children from UK last year and some Americans and they had the BEST time...never saw him except meals. It is open 10 am til noon, 2-5 pm and then 8-midnight for teen club. There were also a fair number of younger kids in the kids club. All the counselors were the best and there was such a great number if different things to do that changed every hour. I would say all total there were probably 30-40 kids of all ages participating. Of all the cruise lines we have sailed, Celebrity's program is the best. When in May are you traveling and what ages are your kids?

We are going the week before. Our DS is 13 and DD is 11 just shy of 12.

Book it!:) ENJOY the fruits of your labor!!

1st off, do relax. We aren’t the family that brings their kids on a cruise, lets them run around and whine in the dining room or shows, and screw up serenity by the pool or whatever. Our kids are well behaved, and would be with us OR the nanny doing kid-stuff, not ruining other people’s peace on vacation.

You really do not need to justify bringing your kids on a Celebrity cruise. I know there are some uptight people on these boards (see "what to wear on formal night threads") , but I doubt they will attack you for posting that you are thinking of bringing your own children on board.

Take them and have fun.

As far a I know the kids clubs are always open on every cruise.