Saint Patrick's Day Cruise Wear

geocruiser

We are leaving on a cruise on Saint Patrick's day and would like to know your thoughts about dressing in some "green" I have a skirt I made that is in St. Patrick day type fabric. My husband has a green shirt and I brought him a green bow tie. What do you think?

I've seen the skirt (or was it a dress) you made on and posted a photo of on another thread that was a tropical print and you made a matching attached purse for it. I thought that was so creative. ;) So I bet your skirt is just as cute. Love the bow tie idea!

I hope you guys have a great cruise!:D

Last year we were on the Island Princess over St Patrick's day. I noticed a lot of green "mardi gras" type beads and some people were wearing green. There were 4 leaf clover decals on doors and mail slots.

It seems to me that St Patty's Day is more of an American drinking holiday, celebrated more rambunctiously than other countries (except for Ireland, maybe). At any rate, have a great cruise!!!

Edited by 5326jan

I think it's a great idea. We will be on board on St. Patty's Day and will be having our M & G that day. I have a green shirt and some Dollar Tree jewelry I plan to wear. Got hubby a green t-shirt. Not sure the ship does anything special, but we'll be ready if they do!

Debbie

We too are sailing during St. Paddy's Day & our 1st. formal night is right on the 17th. YEA! I'm wearing a green gown & my DH is in his tux with a emerald green vest & bow tie. I also have a green bathing suit to wear during the day, along with lots of other "green" clothes, so go for it & have fun. :D (my DH is Irish). :)

We too are sailing during St. Paddy's Day & our 1st. formal night is right on the 17th. YEA! I'm wearing a green gown & my DH is in his tux with a emerald green vest & bow tie. I also have a green bathing suit to wear during the day, along with lots of other "green" clothes, so go for it & have fun. :D (my DH is Irish). :)

LOVE IT!!!! Hope you come back and post pictures!!

I'm a little late but I'd love to know how it went.

We won't sale over St. Patrick's Day ever again. The cruise line did nothing. We couldn't get corned beef at any meal; they had drink specials that made no sense. Although they served Guinness & Harp on board, Corona was the special. We were very disappointed

Edited by trish1c

I did not go on the cruise due to my back. But here is a picture of my St. Parick's Day outfit. I made the skirt and bag.

Made a mistake and deleted the picture. Here it is again. I am new at this picture thing:)

IMG_1902_zps25f2dcbf.jpg