Ncl pcc??

js4rq

Hi,

We cruised with Norwegian for the first time last month and had a ball. We have a future cruise reward certificate.

Tonight I received an e-mail from a NCL PCC. I am not sure how a PCC works - what can they do for you? Do they e-mail you with deals, new promotions etc?

Thanks!

Hi,

We cruised with Norwegian for the first time last month and had a ball. We have a future cruise reward certificate.

Tonight I received an e-mail from a NCL PCC. I am not sure how a PCC works - what can they do for you? Do they e-mail you with deals, new promotions etc?

Thanks!

"Personal Cruise Consultant" is another name for the NCL sales people. Please remember they ARE salespeople. They work on commission.

Great salespeople provide excellent customer service, and get their clients coming back to them time after time. These great PCCs get referrals from their happy customers, and do really well. Lousy salespeople generally don't care about their customers, and just need a job.

I have heard people talk about their "PCC from hell", and I have also heard people say they LOVE their PCC.

If you want offers and promotions emailed to you, then let your PCC know that's what you expect. If you don't, then just tell them you will contact them when you are ready to book again.

If your PCC provides you with the service you want, you got a good one!

I have had my PCC for a few years now. He has got to know me and knows our preferences for things like cabin locations, type of cabins. He makes sure we get all the offers we can get at the time of booking and makes sure if we are celebrating an anniversary or birthday that he sends us a little something on the day.

I shot him a quick email on Sunday about a cruise I had seen and a change from our usual mid ship balcony to an aft. He emailed me straight back to say he was in the process of booking the last aft balcony cabin available and was using our future cruise certificate. Then he called me to say it was done, make sure everything was good and that we had our confirmation.

Building a good relationship with good PCC is the way to go.

I was specifically told by my PCC that NCL does not offer the best prices

There are retailers out there who sell commodities in bulk(don't think I am allowed to name names) who offer better prices. Even a TA can offer better

This happened when my PCC called about a cruise I wanted to take and I told him X company was cheaper and could he meet the price or the OBC and he told me he couldn't

I actually was quite pissed off that ncl didn't offer or atleast meet the best price

Cheers!!

I was specifically told by my PCC that NCL does not offer the best prices

There are retailers out there who sell commodities in bulk(don't think I am allowed to name names) who offer better prices. Even a TA can offer better

This happened when my PCC called about a cruise I wanted to take and I told him X company was cheaper and could he meet the price or the OBC and he told me he couldn't

That has happened to me too, PCC was really apologetic and understanding when I transferred my reservation to a TA as a result. Have been booking with TA ever since.

Thanks everyone.

My PCC and I have exchanged e-mails a couple times now. It's early days but I'm impressed how quick they are at getting back to me. ;)

Because of the freestyle dash sale, I have also e-mailed a couple of my travel agents for quotes to compare. Because of the time difference in Australia, I probably won't hear back until later today.

My PCC is prompt with replying to my e-mails.

A quote was e-mailed to me earlier for the Panama canal cruise we're looking at and it is $150 cheaper than with our travel agent. Tempting! :D

Just heard from one of my travel agents - they're going to see if they can offer more onboard credit.

This will be interesting!! :D

I have a great PCC. What I do is look on ncl.com for the cruise I want and when I'm ready I call him to book. In the past he has found me a better room and gotten me some on board credit that I didn't know about. Not a lot but it counts. He also answers all my questions from booking to cruise date.

He does email me and call sometimes with specials.

I love our PCC she is awesome. No matter when I send her an email (weekends included) I hear back ASAP, there is a time difference as we are in NJ & she is in AZ. She checks her email from home all the time. Always does the best she could.

That's awesome.

There is definitely a time difference, with us being in Australia but when we exchanged e-mails this morning my time, he was quick at getting back to me, even holding a cabin and making the reservation for us in a short time. Not even our travel agent is that quick!! :D

..... and makes sure if we are celebrating an anniversary or birthday that he sends us a little something on the day.

Are you saying that your PCC sends you something and there's a card saying it's actually from him.......or is it from the ship?

Harriet