150 Central Park

I second that...but definitely have less of a chance of getting a new menu than you do. I'm sailing on May 10th, but still hoping for a change prior to then. The menu before the current one that was around in late 2013 looked incredible. I was so disappointed upon finding out that it had changed.

I second that...but definitely have less of a chance of getting a new menu than you do. I'm sailing on May 10th, but still hoping for a change prior to then. The menu before the current one that was around in late 2013 looked incredible. I was so disappointed upon finding out that it had changed.

I was on allure nov of 2013. We ate in 150 central park for the first half of the menu, i think it switches to the second half on a thursday?... anyway, it was really good. I really wish chef molly was still the chef on allure though, her menu was much better. However, we really enjoyed all the offerings and it was well worth it... The current menu looks very blah. If i was sailing now i doubt i would dine there. They will probably change this one in the summer and let it run until fall. I think the current menu is the spring menu

Thanks - Can't believe it's 6 years since your honeymoon cruise:) How are you both?

Cheers

Pat

We are doing well thanks, that was a great honeymoon cruise! We are heading to Galapagos later this year for first time. Hope you are doing good. :)

Just to clarify, I believe that's $45 for the meal alone, OR $75 for the meal with wines - not $45 + $75 for the meal with wines.

No, like Gonzo said...it's actually $45 for the meal alone and an additional $75 for the wine pairing. So it is a total of $120 for the meal with wine pairings.

$45 for the meal, $75 additional for the wine pairing.

Did they raise it? it was $40 on allure in november, and then 75 for wine. Although i found when i got on board that the dinner package was better, we got to eat at all the specialty restaurants for i think $30 less than buying individually

No, like Gonzo said...it's actually $45 for the meal alone and an additional $75 for the wine pairing. So it is a total of $120 for the meal with wine pairings.

YUP you got that right, it's an EXTRA $75 in addition to the normal price if you want wine pairings

YUP you got that right, it's an EXTRA $75 in addition to the normal price if you want wine pairings

Wow, really? We haven't yet been on Oasis/Allure, but that's really surprising that its more expensive than the Chef's Table dinner which also includes wine as well as a cookbook and is only $95 per person! Knowing the price of Chef's Table, I was just figuring that $75 must be for the meal and wine. Guess we'll stick with the Chef's Table vs. doing that.

Edited by LetsGetWet!

It's definitely quite expensive when you include the wine pairings, but that's because it's a great meal and you get six full glasses of quality wines with the pairings. There are two ways to potentially decrease the cost.

The first would be dining there as part of one of the dining packages which gives you a significant discount when dining at three of the specialty restaurants.

The second is to split the wine parings between two people. Like I mentioned above, it is six full glasses of wine so splitting the pairings with someone is a good way to go as half a glass of wine accompanying each of the six courses is definitely enough. All you need to do is tell your server that you'd like to share the wine pairings and they'll give each of you half a pour (and they seem to be quite generous).

Btw...not trying to talk you out of chef's table, as that is a great choice as well.

It's definitely quite expensive when you include the wine pairings, but that's because it's a great meal and you get six full glasses of quality wines with the pairings. There are two ways to potentially decrease the cost.

The first would be dining there as part of one of the dining packages which gives you a significant discount when dining at three of the specialty restaurants.

The second is to split the wine parings between two people. Like I mentioned above, it is six full glasses of wine so splitting the pairings with someone is a good way to go as half a glass of wine accompanying each of the six courses is definitely enough. All you need to do is tell your server that you'd like to share the wine pairings and they'll give each of you half a pour (and they seem to be quite generous).

Btw...not trying to talk you out of chef's table, as that is a great choice as well.

Thanks, I'm sure you're right about the great meal, and the wines included. But again with Chef's table - which I believe RCI bills as the top dining experience available onboard, you get all that, plus more personalized attention in a private venue, no children which we would consider a plus, as well as a complementary cookbook which I believe goes for $34.95 in Gifts & Gear onboard. That will cost you $95 or $190/couple, while 150 Central Park wine pairings dinner will cost $230/couple apparently. Just doesn't seem to make much sense. :confused:

Thanks, I'm sure you're right about the great meal, and the wines included. But again with Chef's table - which I believe RCI bills as the top dining experience available onboard, you get all that, plus more personalized attention in a private venue, no children which we would consider a plus, as well as a complementary cookbook which I believe goes for $34.95 in Gifts & Gear onboard. That will cost you $95 or $190/couple, while 150 Central Park wine pairings dinner will cost $230/couple apparently. Just doesn't seem to make much sense. :confused:

Chefs table will be better. 150 has really gone downhill since Molly left and Michael took over

Are the two menus the same on the allure and oasis?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes, they are. As DJZ pointed out, michael took over after molly left. He was in charge of 150 on Oasis. Molly's menu on Allure was whimsical and different. His is just blah lol. I don't care for it, and some of the combinations are just wrong. Hoping they get someone else for Allure.