Do you get sea sick?

goldgirl2

I wear sea bands - they are elasticized bracelets that have a plastic disc for pressure on your inner wrist. I carried them with me through 5 cruises and then on number 6 I felt a little sick. Put them on and within 5 minutes it passed. i now faithfully wear them. Not much of a fashion accessory but better safe than sorry!!

Marie :)

I'm for whatever works for you. Many, many people use the patch, and it works well for them, without any side effects. However, just be aware that the patch is very strong medication, and can have significant side effects. This has led some to cut the patch in half (label warns against this) trying to duplicate cutting a pill in half to lessen the dose. The patch relies on the surface touching your skin to regulate the dosage. Cutting the patch allows the medication to flow from the cut to your skin without regulation. If you use a patch, and get side effects (blurry vision, dizziness, dry mouth), try putting a small bandaid behind your ear, and then overlapping the patch over this. The portion of the patch on the bandaid will not pass medication to your skin, so you will receive a partial dose.

My personal recommendation is that in conjunction with whatever medication you use, if you feel queasy, go where you can see the horizon (balcony works well). When your eyes and inner ear agree on motion, there is less likelihood of motion sickness.