What does ' Projekt „Quantum 3 +“ ' mean ?

Dear Cruise-Lovers,

on Wikipedia Meyer's future ships are listed and one line says

Projekt „Quantum 3 +"

What does the Plus mean ? I would not be asking, but explicitely there are those inverted commas around it ?

Does it mean that they would be able to again do 3 (=signed) in parallel to 4 same as currently 1+2 ?

Are more info on this, deadlines for options etc. ... ?

Sorry if I missed something there.

Best regards

;-)

Edited by ChristianDecker

Dear Cruise-Lovers,

on Wikipedia Meyer's future ships are listed and one line says

Projekt „Quantum 3 +"

What does the Plus mean ? I would not be asking, but explicitely there are those inverted commas around it ?

Does it mean that they would be able to again do 3 (=signed) in parallel to 4 same as currently 1+2 ?

Are more info on this, deadlines for options etc. ... ?

Sorry if I missed something there.

Best regards

;-)

I'm gonna take a stab at what your asking. They have a 3rd Quantum Class ship contract signed. They have not named the ship yet, so that is why the wikipedia is calling it Projekt „Quantum 3 +“.

As far as more info on the 3rd boat in the class. Good luck. We can't even get info about Quantum, the lead ship of the class. Lol You might see subtle changes in venues, but it will be the same structurally.

But why then adding a '+'/Plus ? :confused:

Plus tells me either that the 3rd one is a bigger or a special one or that there is more than the 3rd one to come which is not decided yet...

I have googled a little bit ... and found a Meyer link:

The new Breakaway Ship is titled 'Breakaway-Plus' ... somehow they use the term "Plus" to indicate that it is something special and bigger ...

Edited by ChristianDecker

But why then adding a '+'/Plus ? :confused:

Plus tells me either that the 3rd one is a bigger or a special one or that there is more than the 3rd one to come which is not decided yet...

I have googled a little bit ... and found a Meyer link:

The new Breakaway Ship is titled 'Breakaway-Plus' ... somehow they use the term "Plus" to indicate that it is something special and bigger ...

You are right in that the Norwegian Escape will be a "Breakaway +" ship. It is slightly larger. 6,000 tons I think.

Whether that "+" next to Quantum 3 means anything, remains to be seen. Wikipedia is freely editable by anybody, so I wouldn't take it as fact. And it'll be a couple years before we here anything about Quantum 3.

RCCL has an option for a 4th ship. They haven't exercised it yet, and I think they said somewhere that they are keeping the Quantum class to 3 ships at the moment.

I think that the + means that there's an opportunity to add more ships in the class that are identical to Quantum.

Agreed.

There is an option for a 4th Quantum Class Vessel. But whether or not Royal Caribbean decides to excercise this right remains to be seen.

The Freedom Class also had option for a 4th vessel but Royal Caribbean never went with it. There is also option for a 4th Oasis Class vessel but that, too, remains to be seen. But with as much as Royal and loyalists rave about that class, I find it hard to believe they won't try to excercise the rights to at least that.

I think the only thing known right now is Royal Caribbean has nothing on the books scheduled for 2017 and on.... Yet.

Edited by G85 SS