Parking at Manhattan Cruise Terminal

Lori226

Just wondering if anyone found parking in other places OTHER than the terminal parking cheaper?

We reserved a spot at Alliance Parking for $19 a day (actually I just checked, and it went up to $20 a day). You HAVE to reserve and pay online in advance - and it is NON-REFUNDABLE, so be sure you will use them!!!

It's at 560 West 43rd street - less than 1/2 mile from the terminal - a short walk or a quick cab ride.

Alliance Parking Services dot com - take out all the spaces :)

We haven't used them yet, but saw other posters who used them on here.

We reserved a spot at Alliance Parking for $19 a day (actually I just checked, and it went up to $20 a day). You HAVE to reserve and pay online in advance - and it is NON-REFUNDABLE, so be sure you will use them!!!

It's at 560 West 43rd street - less than 1/2 mile from the terminal - a short walk or a quick cab ride.

Alliance Parking Services dot com - take out all the spaces :)

We haven't used them yet, but saw other posters who used them on here.

we used these guys it was less then a 10 min walk pack to the pier.

only complaint i had is when i got there they said my ford edge was oversized and charged extra me for it. check there list of vehicles for over sized ones to see if its more

we used these guys it was less then a 10 min walk pack to the pier.

only complaint i had is when i got there they said my ford edge was oversized and charged extra me for it. check there list of vehicles for over sized ones to see if its more

Just check the length of your car/suv/truck against their size restrictions. The Ford Edge is 184.2" long, and their limit for regular size vehicles is listed as:

* In addition, extra charge per day to apply to all SUV "XL" &

any other vehicle 181" or more in length + 70" or more in

height & models 75" or higher regardless of length.

Payable at the garage upon exit.

We used Park Right last June, found them through park whiz dot com (remove all spaces). They were reasonable and very easy. We dropped off most of our party and headed over to the garage, they then drove us back over to the pier and dropped us off and took the car away. They said when we returned to give them 1/2 hr notice and they would have the car waiting for us at the entrance to the garage. I tried to call them when we were waiting in line to disembark, but there was no answer, so I left my party at the corner and walked the few blocks to pick it up myself. I had to wait there for about 20 minutes or so while they found it and brought it down. Not so bad, and it was reasonable with the coupon code that I had found at the time.

I've never used any of the services either, but after reading reviews, I will not be using park right. The review said that the parking attendant damaged their car, they denied it, they had it on camera, still denied it , and never were compensated for the damage. I plan on using the cruise terminal parking. Extra money, but no hassle, and no surprise extra fee for "XL vehicles".

I've never used any of the services either, but after reading reviews, I will not be using park right. The review said that the parking attendant damaged their car, they denied it, they had it on camera, still denied it , and never were compensated for the damage. I plan on using the cruise terminal parking. Extra money, but no hassle, and no surprise extra fee for "XL vehicles".

There was ONE bad review for Park Right - and it was only one side of the story. I saw that same (single) bad review....LOL The only reason we didn't use them was that we found Alliance - and it was significantly cheaper.

At Alliance there is NO "surprise" for XL vehicles. It states CLEARLY on the front page of the website when you make your reservation what the size limits are.

It is up to the person reserving to be smart and to assure they have read the terms of their agreement.

If someone wants to pay more than DOUBLE the going price for parking, that is completely up to them.

(Park Right and Alliance Parking are both INDOORs. Don't forget that the cruise terminal parking is OUTSIDE, and MANY people have paid BIG MONEY to have their cars shoveled out.....LOL)

Edited by DinaS

I'm staying with the port parking this weekend. Yes its more expensive than the other lots but way more convenient especially when leaving to go home.

I will have a shovel just in case... :rolleyes:

We just used Park Right last month. I highly recommend it! We made a reservation online with a specific time for drop off. We were able to drive right up and an employee hopped in and gave us a ride right up to the doorstep of the port. He then took our car to a heated indoor garage. When we arrived back from our cruise we could have sent one person from our party in a cab (and parkright would reimburse the fair) to pick up the car, but it was cold so we just decided to make the short walk to the garage together. We waited maybe 5 minutes for them to retrieve our car, and we were on our way. Best part? Our car was warm and ready to go! People who payed more to park at the pier ($400 vs our $215) had to shovel out their plowed in cold cars! No brainer to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

There was ONE bad review for Park Right - and it was only one side of the story. I saw that same (single) bad review....LOL The only reason we didn't use them was that we found Alliance - and it was significantly cheaper.

At Alliance there is NO "surprise" for XL vehicles. It states CLEARLY on the front page of the website when you make your reservation what the size limits are.

It is up to the person reserving to be smart and to assure they have read the terms of their agreement.

If someone wants to pay more than DOUBLE the going price for parking, that is completely up to them.

(Park Right and Alliance Parking are both INDOORs. Don't forget that the cruise terminal parking is OUTSIDE, and MANY people have paid BIG MONEY to have their cars shoveled out.....LOL)

Yes, one negative review on Yelp, but then take a stroll over to the BBB...a D- for a score. Two complaints on there not resolved because the business refuses to respond. As long as you are splitting hairs over my pluralization of "review", let's look at the fact that Alliance is now $20 and exactly half, so one would not have to pay "more than double". Also, if you have a, so called XL vehicle it is an extra $7 a day so now we are up to $27. Add cab fare and inconvenience of parking off site and schlepping baggage from the garage to the terminal, it is a no brainier of me! BTW, it is a surprise to someone who goes by the specs they give and get charged extra when they are UNDER the measurements. Case in point the Dodge nitro... Look at the specs, then look at the rules at alliance. It fits the requirements. BUT it is on the list, just because it LOOKS like a SUV. I would rather pay one price, no questions. also I don't think I will need to shovel snow in May.

Edited by AjBren2

Yes, one negative review on Yelp, but then take a stroll over to the BBB...a D- for a score. Two complaints on there not resolved because the business refuses to respond. As long as you are splitting hairs over my pluralization of "review", let's look at the fact that Alliance is now $20 and exactly half, so one would not have to pay "more than double". Also, if you have a, so called XL vehicle it is an extra $7 a day so now we are up to $27. Add cab fare and inconvenience of parking off site and schlepping baggage from the garage to the terminal, it is a no brainier of me! BTW, it is a surprise to someone who goes by the specs they give and get charged extra when they are UNDER the measurements. Case in point the Dodge nitro... Look at the specs, then look at the rules at alliance. It fits the requirements. BUT it is on the list, just because it LOOKS like a SUV. I would rather pay one price, no questions. also I don't think I will need to shovel snow in May.

Since YOU are the one who seems to enjoy splitting hairs so much, the Alliance price went up between last week and today sometime. We reserved last week at $19 a day.

Two whole unresolved complains for Park Right - Wow! Do you know HOW many cars they actually deal with on a DAILY basis?

And there is no schlepping luggage around, dear. We drop our luggage at the pier, and then drop the car off.

It's very simple, really.

Spend an extra $200 on parking, or spend that $200 on fun things.

It's a no brainer.

Enjoy your cruise :)

I'm staying with the port parking this weekend. Yes its more expensive than the other lots but way more convenient especially when leaving to go home.

I will have a shovel just in case... :rolleyes:

I promise you that I do not work for Park Right or know anyone that does (or am getting commission from them) LOL!

We used them last month and it was so easy and fast that I would not even consider using the port parking again. When we got in, we gave them a phone call heads up, hailed a cab because it was so cold and the snow was blocking the walkways (and all the cars at the port) .... they reimbursed us our $5 cab fare and we were on our way so fast, it was just great.

Either way, take your shovel. Heaven help us all but they are now calling for snow again on Monday! Yikes!

I promise you that I do not work for Park Right or know anyone that does (or am getting commission from them) LOL!

We used them last month and it was so easy and fast that I would not even consider using the port parking again. When we got in, we gave them a phone call heads up, hailed a cab because it was so cold and the snow was blocking the walkways (and all the cars at the port) .... they reimbursed us our $5 cab fare and we were on our way so fast, it was just great.

Either way, take your shovel. Heaven help us all but they are now calling for snow again on Monday! Yikes!

Thanks for the suggestion..Like I said when we get off the ship we just want to get out of Dodge..fast. I can remember friends of ours still waiting on line for a taxi as we were in our car and heading home..Trust me, the shovel will be in the car..:D:D The year of the NEVER ENDING WINTER.:mad: