Cake Options on Jade

kandpsmom

Beware of the birthday cards!

I spent my birthday on the Sky last fall and all told I got four "Celebrate with us!" birthday cards. If you bring them to the dinning room at dinner, you'll be brought a free cake with dessert.

But the cake is so not worth it. I'm sure the bakery cakes are better, although I've never tried it. But the regular sheet cake cakes are pretty horrid.

And people kept bringing them to me. Even when I ordered other (better!) desserts.

On the other hand, spending my birthday on a cruise was amazing. I'm looking forward to doing it again. Maybe this year. :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We will be sailing on the Jade in December. My husband's birthday is a couple of days into the cruise. Do I have options on a cake I can order for him?

On the Jade all you can get is the regular birthday cake. Certainly not anything special. The birthday package the NCL sell is some room decorations that you could bring yourself and one of the same standard cakes. Not worth the money in my opinion. If you tell them in the restaurant the night of his birthday, he will get a "free" cake.

Both my husband and I have celebrated birthdays on NCL cruises, and always receive a small birthday cake at the end of the dinner. It is free - doesn't cost a dime. All you have to do is let the receptionist at the restaurant where you will have the birthday dinner know that it is your husbands birthday - you can either tell them when you make the reservation, or just let them know when you arrive at the restaurant. It would probably be nicest if you managed to do so without your husband knowing, then it would be a nice surprise. Not because the cake is the "best in the world" - but because it is a nice gesture, especially since all the waiters will gather and sing the birthday song.

Enclosed are photos of the last birthday cake we received (the white one, in 2013), plus one that we received a few years ago. Then you can see what to expect. :)

IMG_1105.jpg.b98c1a321f101e6850f2ddaff1644c98.jpg

IMG_2158.jpg.f20160fd83fe68549522126b13ac5e31.jpg

here is the cakes and party packages available

http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/gifts-and-more

But Jade isn't on the list of available ships, unfortunately.

Available for sailings on the following ships: Norwegian Epic starting March 9, Norwegian Dawn starting March 16, Norwegian Jewel starting March 23 and Norwegian Star starting April 1, 2014. If you cruising on Breakaway or Getaway, more holiday and special occasion themed cakes from Carlos Bake Shop are available to pre-order

But Jade isn't on the list of available ships, unfortunately.

Available for sailings on the following ships: Norwegian Epic starting March 9, Norwegian Dawn starting March 16, Norwegian Jewel starting March 23 and Norwegian Star starting April 1, 2014. If you cruising on Breakaway or Getaway, more holiday and special occasion themed cakes from Carlos Bake Shop are available to pre-order

Not Carlos, but the party packages with a cake is available.