Northern Europe

SCW17

Hi there. Just about to book a Northern Europe cruise for 2015 on the Regal Princess. My question is should be book port or starboard side?

Any insight is greatly appreciated!'

Thanks

Hi there. Just about to book a Northern Europe cruise for 2015 on the Regal Princess. My question is should be book port or starboard side?

Any insight is greatly appreciated!'

Thanks

For me that usually depends on the route and which side sees the most shore time. Also of its a fall voyage the odds of seeing the Northern Lights from the north facing side as you might imagine.

My thought is the best views are usually from the open upper decks and new sights come into views on the left at times and right at other. If it makes a round trip back to the port of departure, you will often see some of the same on your return.

I say book either. But that is my 3 cent opinion.

M

I almost never pay attention to whether I'm booking port or starboard except for certain circumstances, such as going through the Panama Canal or an Alaskan cruise where you're close to land. The ship will dock on one side in some ports, on the other at other ports, and sometimes, turn around while in port after docking. When it's not docked, you're at sea and all you'll see is water.