The NCL Getaway with 3 year old twins

YellowDog

I have just booked the NCL Getaway for my wife and I and 3 year old twins. Does anyone have any experience with the Getaway/Breakway with young kids? Any ship/class/ or NCL with kids tips and tricks would be welcome.

thanks!!:)

DD was 3 when we went on the Epic.

They had things in the daily like "craft time" I was kind of disappointed but DD def wasnt. they would have a bunch of blocks and then a bandana or shirt for the kids to colour. And it was free so that was nice.

DD was very clingy but loved kids club. Shed skip dessert to get their quicker.

They also has nick stuff on the pool deck and theatre. she didnt want to participate but loved it. also doras dance party etc was alot of fun.

I loved that we didnt have to reserve any dinner time. Whenever we felt like it, dressing up or not, we went.

There was also a room with toys for the kids - but bc we went in Feb it was pretty empty - but could have been great to meet other mammas and their kids.

Epic didnt have a library (with kids books) but Sky did - DD thought that was pretty cool to check out books.

DD was well behaved so we chose not to go to the main buffet on boarding. it was such a crowd. we went to the sit down restaurant and caught ourselves.

Survived 3 cruises with my twins! At 1,2,3 years old! We are planning our 4th when they are 4 in Sept. Here are some things that helped me.

If they offer a beverage card get one. You can get them juices, etc the whole cruise.

Ask your room attendant for a hazard bag for diapers if not potty trained. Bring lots of undies! Change in routine can make accidents happen!

If diapering-Before boarding the cruise stop at The store and buy a box of diapers, and water, Then check it in and they will deliver it to your room.

You will use more baby wipes than you can imagine!

Ziplock bags for taking food out of the buffet for kids or for putting soiled clothes in until you can wash.

Measure out 1 load of laundry soap and put in ziplock bags (double seal)

At least 3 washes for a week for soiled clothes (mostly for stains). Stain pens are a must.

Baby pool ( blow up) for deck if your cruise doesn't allow them.

They supply pack in play but you need to bring baby blanket. We fit 2 in one room, the last cruise we ea. slept with one in a twin bed. Not fun but it was the only option. Or adults sleep in bunks and babies in the beds below.

White noise such as ocean sound that you can sleep with, when sleeping or naptime it helps muffle when captain speaks in speaker (so annoying) don't nap when first boarding...alarms for drills and captain speak constantly!

Get friendly with your waitstaff! They will prep food, get you water, and disinfect high chairs, get them fed quicker. Bring iPads or something to watch movies if you bring them to dinner. It's looooong!

Use the basketball courts for running and getting energy out. It's caged in and fun to let them play with balls. ( not fun on windy days)

Follow the music..my babies always love watching the bands!

Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums