Name change/ adding guests

hlb76

I have never had to do this before so I'm not sure how it works. Hoping for a little advice before I call my PVP.

Last fall my family booked a cruise during the Preview sale. A few weeks later a friend said she wanted to join us as well. So I called my PVP to help get her booked. She was booking as a single so he suggested moving a guest from my room to her room to save her a little money.

Fast forward to today.

She now wants to bring her son and her BF.

So I need to get me moved back into my room with my DH and DS and have her add her guests.

My question is are we protected in the sales we booked under? Or will it start a new booking. If it will be a new booking we might need to look at other sailings as the price has gone up and up and up. I'm just trying to be prepared.

Thanks

you can add people and move from room to room, BUT you will be charged whatever the rate is for the extra person in your new stateroom, as well as the addition of the guest into your friends' stateroom.

Honestly I really dont care about what it will cost her just what it will cost me - yep I'm a good friend...lol

My portion already has 2 guests in it so moving me back will just generate a third pax rate. Which seem to be pretty standard across the board in my history.

She will need to add a 2nd and 3rd. to her booking.

Maybe it would be the most cost effect to add a 3rd and 4th to her room. Leave me there. Then I will just need to deal with the room key business when on board. :confused:

Actually moving around May not be as problematic as making sure the rooms will accommodate a 3rd and or 4th passenger.

We are past final payment. We have 2 balcony rooms side by side, chosen because the balcony door would open. My DH and I in 1 room, 2 DD's in the other. A friend of my daughter's this week decided she would go. She had been invited when we first booked but was not sure. I did it over the phone and they had to move both rooms. My girls had to be changed to a room that would hold more, and we had to move to a room beside so the balcony would open. Luckily there were the rooms open.

Our costs did not change, got to keep our bar credit from earlier, and friend just paid a small amount to increase room to 3.

Actually moving around May not be as problematic as making sure the rooms will accommodate a 3rd and or 4th passenger.

We are past final payment. We have 2 balcony rooms side by side, chosen because the balcony door would open. My DH and I in 1 room, 2 DD's in the other. A friend of my daughter's this week decided she would go. She had been invited when we first booked but was not sure. I did it over the phone and they had to move both rooms. My girls had to be changed to a room that would hold more, and we had to move to a room beside so the balcony would open. Luckily there were the rooms open.

Our costs did not change, got to keep our bar credit from earlier, and friend just paid a small amount to increase room to 3.

Good point thanks... We are in 2 side by side balconies right now. Now sure if they will open but I am hoping. If not no big deal.

I know my room can do 3 as that is how we originally booked it. I will have to look at her room. I think it was the same lay out but not sure.

just get them booked to what ever rooms if your room can accommodate 3rd and 4th person ....you can easily move once you get onboard

...if you mess with it before they may charge you fees....

but bottom line is I would call your PVP and ask before you commit and if there are fees involved talk with your friend about paying it...

Honestly I really dont care about what it will cost her just what it will cost me - yep I'm a good friend...lol

My portion already has 2 guests in it so moving me back will just generate a third pax rate. Which seem to be pretty standard across the board in my history.

She will need to add a 2nd and 3rd. to her booking.

Maybe it would be the most cost effect to add a 3rd and 4th to her room. Leave me there. Then I will just need to deal with the room key business when on board. :confused:

You started paying more when you moved to her cabin in the beginning, I'm thinking. :eek: Anyway, hope it all works out for you. :D

You started paying more when you moved to her cabin in the beginning, I'm thinking. :eek: Anyway, hope it all works out for you. :D

No I did not.. I paid the amount of the 3rd person in my cabin. I had to pay that any way. She will cover the rest. This helped her out quite a bit. They are not so nice to single cruisers