NCL Cruise Price Drop

jayjay10704

Thanks for the replies! I am very satisfied with where we are and with what we have. I sure don't want to risk loosing the free UDP. Location is important to us too due to medical reasons and trying to keep walking to a minimum. Our Mid ship location seems like where we need to be. We got a fantastic upgrade once on Princess, balcony to an owners suite plus $500 OBC. The odds of that happening again are probably slim to none.

It sounds like you have a great deal already but let's say you do call b/c the price has dropped; the first thing NCL is likely to offer is an upgrade and only if the next category cabin is available and that would be another minisuite M6, M4,3,2, the lower the number the higher the cat.

I'd argue that M6 is the most desirable mini suite on the BA class ships.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'd argue that M6 is the most desirable mini suite on the BA class ships.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hey, I wouldn't argue with you, just looking at how the pricing usually goes and the fact that the M1 is aft mini-suite... sold out for a May sailing...is top of the line as far as both NCL & passengers are concerned.

They're actually going for more than what we paid for an aft PH suite last December, however that's probably normal since this is a new ship our cruise was on the Pearl, a perfectly lovely and delightful ship but far from new.

Cheers,

Connie

It sounds like you have a great deal already but let's say you do call b/c the price has dropped; the first thing NCL is likely to offer is an upgrade and only if the next category cabin is available and that would be another minisuite M6, M4,3,2, the lower the number the higher the cat. What that could mean is 2 different cabins, different locations and since its after final payment they don't need to offer you anything, so even this may not be offered.

The other thing to be aware of is that if they do offer you something, a higher cat. cabin, you could lose your perks, UDP - gone.

OBC is a possibility but... not really likely, $20-30 tops unless there's a huge difference in the price.

minisuite M6, M4,3,2, the lower the number the higher the cat

Where does MA fit in to that? Is there a difference other than location?

minisuite M6, M4,3,2, the lower the number the higher the cat

Where does MA fit in to that? Is there a difference other than location?

Yes, the numbers are higher category than the letters and the next up for you guys would be the M6 which is purported to have a larger balcony. If I were looking for an upgrade... that's what I would want but don't know what you would want. I'd have a look at the deck plans to see locations and figure out if it's something you'd want.

Cheers,

Connie

Hey, I wouldn't argue with you, just looking at how the pricing usually goes and the fact that the M1 is aft mini-suite... sold out for a May sailing...is top of the line as far as both NCL & passengers are concerned.

They're actually going for more than what we paid for an aft PH suite last December, however that's probably normal since this is a new ship our cruise was on the Pearl, a perfectly lovely and delightful ship but far from new.

Cheers,

Connie

Good call. I'd forgotten about the M1 Aft ones. You could certainly make a case for those.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes, the numbers are higher category than the letters and the next up for you guys would be the M6 which is purported to have a larger balcony. If I were looking for an upgrade... that's what I would want but don't know what you would want. I'd have a look at the deck plans to see locations and figure out if it's something you'd want.

Cheers,

Connie

Thanks B6ConMe now I understand

Just wondering what NCL's policy is on price drops?

I've asked my TA to follow up on a price drop & they told her they knew nothing about it & asked whether I had a persons name so they can follow up on her side?

We are in Aus but speak directly to the US NCL team.

I'm also assuming that they won't speak to me as it's been booked via a TA..

Here is our experience with price drops. We booked an aft-facing penthouse initially back in Feb for 05/10 cruise on the Getaway. Full pymt was due immediately because of the lateness in booking. A few weeks later, the price dropped $300 on our category (H6). Called our TA and she contacted NCL while I held. NCL came back with a $300 obc. Two weeks later, price dropped another $300. Called TA, same routine, came back with $150 obc. We lost nothing on the first obc so now stand at $450. Then, last week, we noticed where there was a DOS available. No clue how someone would cancel a DOS less than a month before cruising, but, regardless, there it was. We decided to upgrade. Called TA (at 11:30p no less, BIG online TA so they're there pretty much 24 hrs) and she was able to get us moved. Of course we paid a premium for it, but, you only live once, right? Anyway, we maintained the $450 obc, plus we gained an additional obc from NCL because of their current suite obc promo.

My point being, I wish there was a hard and fast rule to how they handle price drops before/after final pymt. While, on paper, there may be a policy, it has become evident from the multitude of posts regarding this issue, it is not evenly enforced.

Edited by tarps14

Just wondering what NCL's policy is on price drops?

I've asked my TA to follow up on a price drop & they told her they knew nothing about it & asked whether I had a persons name so they can follow up on her side?

We are in Aus but speak directly to the US NCL team.

I'm also assuming that they won't speak to me as it's been booked via a TA..

Right, your TA owns your Reservation but they can call NCL on your behalf. If you see something on CC about price drops, ask for a name of the promo, it might help. As far as price drops go, before final payment you're entitled to ask your TA for any pricing corrections but if it's after final payment you're unlikely to receive any consideration unless your TA gives it directly.

It really doesn't have anything to do with NCL when you work with a TA, I'd think it's all on your TA. I work directly with a PCC at NCL so even after final payment, he'll work with me to ensure we get the best deal, your TA should do the same.

I called my TA about a price drop on my Sept. Breakaway cruise. She claims that NCL refuses to adjust the price or give more OBC, even though final payment isn't due until June. She says that NCL will only agree to cancel and rebook. If I do this I will lose my current latitude promotion OBC of $150. I would still save $220, if I cancel and rebook. It sounds odd that this is the case since final payment isn't due....

Edited by roddy good boy

I called my TA about a price drop on my Sept. Breakaway cruise. She claims that NCL refuses to adjust the price or give more OBC, even though final payment isn't due until June. She says that NCL will only agree to cancel and rebook. If I do this I will lose my current latitude promotion OBC of $150. I would still save $220, if I cancel and rebook. It sounds odd that this is the case since final payment isn't due....

It's quite possibly correct since there are some promos that are compatible with others and some that are NOT!

If you trust your TA, which you probably do, then should you question what you're being told?

I had to rebook a cruise with my PCC in order to get a better deal, it's up to you how you handle a price drop and it can easily mean losing perks you already have, including add'l Lat. points.

Enjoy your cruise :)

Right, your TA owns your Reservation but they can call NCL on your behalf. If you see something on CC about price drops, ask for a name of the promo, it might help. As far as price drops go, before final payment you're entitled to ask your TA for any pricing corrections but if it's after final payment you're unlikely to receive any consideration unless your TA gives it directly.

It really doesn't have anything to do with NCL when you work with a TA, I'd think it's all on your TA. I work directly with a PCC at NCL so even after final payment, he'll work with me to ensure we get the best deal, your TA should do the same.

Sorry my original post may have been confusing.

Price HAS dropped but how do I know the name of the promo? I assumed it was due to supply & demand - not necessarily an actual promo.

TA has called NCL but the individual was not aware of price drop adjustments (obc, upgrades, Anything!)

TA & I have a great relationship - I don't think she's done this before so wanted to guide her with NCL in the right direction (ie. get a price drop!)