Today's NY Times...Nassau recommendations

Heirloom

I did google maps on this and is about 1.2 miles. You could walk, but I understand that there are jitney buses in Nassau you can get on for about $1.25 per person. Once you are there you are walking distance to Adastra Gardens.

I did google maps on this and is about 1.2 miles. You could walk, but I understand that there are jitney buses in Nassau you can get on for about $1.25 per person. Once you are there you are walking distance to Adastra Gardens.

As I said, in another post, we decided to walk to Adastra Gdns as it didn't look that far on the map. Walking the distance wasn't bad, but if I had to do it over again, we opt for the Jitney bus. There were several blocks along the way when we never saw another person walking, and it did make us a bit nervous, considering all we heard and read about crime in Nassau. On the map, you are walking along the main road and there was plenty of traffic, but when we decided to walk, we felt it would be by shops and restaurants etc. and with people basically all around. this just isn't so. If you are heading in that direction, take the jitney for $1.25 and get there in 5 minutes or so.

Cheers

Len