Flying Premium

We have booked premium seats on our flight to Barbados next month. Can anyone tell me, when Thoms state "complimentary drinks" is it a welcome drink/bottle of wine with dinner or drinks throughout the flight? I am unsure if we will need to take drinks on with us. Thanks.

We have booked premium seats on our flight to Barbados next month. Can anyone tell me, when Thoms state "complimentary drinks" is it a welcome drink/bottle of wine with dinner or drinks throughout the flight? I am unsure if we will need to take drinks on with us. Thanks.

It's free drinks all the way!! They give one before take off, then free bar service and wine with meals.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We went Premium on a Thomson flight to Mexico 2 years ago and suddenly the free bar stopped more than 2 hours before landing as they said they had run out of drinks! No wonder, as a party of 4/6 were getting very merry/noisy but it was hard luck for others denied a drink near the end of the flight.

Unfortunately that's the nature of some people, get it while you can! We just enjoy the odd gin and tonic to start our hols with. Will be most annoyed if others drink the bar dry :rolleyes:

Never done Thomson premium But I do know that every long haul flight I have done in cattle class alcoholic and soft drinks have been complimentary unlike Thomson's long haul which charges for drinks, of course there is no such thing as a FREE drink on any flight this is covered by the fare you pay just much nicer for flight attendant and passengers to be served without having to do cash transaction with large numbers of passengers.

Edited by norfolklad

Never done Thomson premium But I do know that every long haul flight I have done in cattle class alcoholic and soft drinks have been complimentary unlike Thomson's long haul which charges for drinks, of course there is no such thing as a FREE drink on any flight this is covered by the fare you pay just much nicer for flight attendant and passengers to be served without having to do cash transaction with large numbers of passengers.

I liked air Canada as during the flight the stewardess walked up and down aisles regularly holding a bottle of water up, and she would freely top up your glass. Thought it must happen on all flights, so was shocked when there was no free water on the long flight to the Caribbean.

The first time we flew to the Caribbean, we flew with Thomas Cook to a Princess cruise and had complimentary drinks, snacks and meals (standard seats- not upgraded) then we flew with Thomson to a Fred.Olsen cruise, again free drinks, snack, meals. THEN we flew with Thomson to a Thomson cruise............DH ordered a beer and was surprised that he had to pay. When he queried it he was told "you have had to pay for drinks for years now Sir!" When we said it had been free last year it was explained that Fred had chartered the plane. Strangely though, last month, every one on our Jet2 flight was on our Fred cruise to the Canaries but we had to pay for drinks :confused::confused: