Recessed balcony on Divina

rance

Just noticed we are moved to 11255 on Divina.

Do these cabins that are recessed receive any sunlight?

Also looks like view is limited to straight ahead.

Does anyone have any feedback?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Forums mobile app

Just noticed we are moved to 11255 on Divina.

Do these cabins that are recessed receive any sunlight?

Also looks like view is limited to straight ahead.

Does anyone have any feedback?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Forums mobile app

As you can see from the image your cabin will be affected by the shadow from the overhang of deck 14 when the sun is high in the sky; ie the middle of the day, but at other times there should be sun on your balcony if the ship is facing the right way.

Your correct about the limited , but mnot too muvh when looking towards the stern

11255.jpg

Here's a close up of your cabin , marked with the arrrow.

bd38f7d4-8337-48d8-a0c0-1c2e5f64e935.jpg

Hope this is the info you wanted

Pete

Edited by Skier52

As you can see from the image your cabin will be affected by the shadow from the overhang of deck 14 when the sun is high in the sky; ie the middle of the day, but at other times there should be sun on your balcony if the ship is facing the right w

Your correct about the limited , but mnot too muvh when looking towards the stern

11255.jpg

Here's a close up of your cabin , marked with the arrrow.

bd38f7d4-8337-48d8-a0c0-1c2e5f64e935.jpg

Hope this is the info you wanted

Pete

Hi Pete, can you tell me if my cabin which is balcony cabin 11151 is blocked by a overhang? Can you show me exactly where my cabin 11151 is located, as it is also a balcony cabin...

Hi Pete, can you tell me if my cabin which is balcony cabin 11151 is blocked by a overhang? Can you show me exactly where my cabin 11151 is located, as it is also a balcony cabin...

Here as requested an image of where your balcony is. As you can see it is in the shade when the sun is high in the sky

divina21.jpg

You can tell from this photo from "How I was trying to cruise on MSC Divina..."

11151 is few cabins forward.

Look at 11161 (Splendida sister ship) - basically same location, same position vs the overhang and lifeboats.

The two ships may be sister ships but the size and position of the centre hump is significantly different. Some people may not realize that, and it does make a difference to the field of view you get in the aft recess

In this instance is makes little difference

here are the deck plans for deck 11 side by side.

divsplend.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Coul you please point out cabin 12173 which is also a balcony room. Thank you

Here you are, just as requested.

Unaffected by the deck 14 overhang, Good choice of room, as it is one of the larger cabins on the hump, perhaps a little close to thr lifts for my taste, but many people love being that close to the lifts for the convenience

12173.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Here you are, just as requested.

Unaffected by the deck 14 overhang, Good choice of room, as it is one of the larger cabins on the hump, perhaps a little close to thr lifts for my taste, but many people love being that close to the lifts for the convinience

12173.jpg

Pete

Thank you very much, I did wonder about being so near to the lifts but as you say could be convenient.

Coul you please point out cabin 12173 which is also a balcony room. Thank you

Thanks Pete for the information about where my balcony is located...is this cabin located in a good area, besides getting shade when the sun is out completely? This cabin have a sofa and table inside it.... is the cabin in a good area...also one more question...i noticed that this is a connecting cabin.... will the size of the room be smaller....or will it be a normal size?

Thanks Pete for the information about where my balcony is located...is this cabin located in a good area, besides getting shade when the sun is out completely? This cabin have a sofa and table inside it.... is the cabin in a good area...also one more question...i noticed that this is a connecting cabin.... will the size of the room be smaller....or will it be a normal size?

cabin number 11151 is in a good position in that it has cabins above below and to either side, so no "white" areas on the deck plan or public areas that may be the source of noise. It is nicely located with regard to lifts not to close to get a lot of noise but convienent for use.

It does have a connecting door which does not affect the size but will affect the way you can position furniture, and may also lead to a modicum of unwanted intrusive noise from next door.

It may suffer from the shadow from the deck 14 overhang when the sun is high in the sky.

Having said all this I would happily have this cabin if the price was accecptable to me foir that grade.

Pete

We had cabin 11259 last week and I did not see any direct sun on the balcony until day 5 when we headed back from San Juan and that was limited to late afternoon when the sun fell below the overhang. I wasn't there every second of every day but I checked it often as I would much prefer to catch a few rays there than on the overcrowded pool decks.

We booked today and chose cabin 11183. Is this in a good location. It looked like it was on the bump out part of the ship. Is there a difference between a B2 and B3 cat. Thanks

Brenda

We booked today and chose cabin 11183. Is this in a good location. It looked like it was on the bump out part of the ship. Is there a difference between a B2 and B3 cat. Thanks

Brenda

from the point of view of the overhang from deck 14 the position is good, However it is very close to the lifts. Some would say this was good as it is convenient especially if you have mobility problems, others will worry about the amount of noise from guests exiting the lifts at night and going to the lifts in the early morning.

I'll leave the difference between B2 and B3 cat. to someone else who has been in that type, but I believe the B3 have an area for a sofa which the B2s don't have and by that token are slightly larger, but I may be wrong.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Brenda

I would book your cabin!

Some more tips on cabin selection.

(MSC Divina shown - same location for 11183):

2rc0uq9.jpg

• 4 months later...

Hi!

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but it's our first time with MSC. Could you please get us a picture to locate stateroom 10210?

We got this cabin through their "Deals to Sea" promo this weekend. It was initially a B1 GTY upon purchase and we ended up with 10210 (supposedly B2).

Edited by pat767

Hi!

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but it's our first time with MSC. Could you please get us a picture to locate stateroom 10210?

We got this cabin through their "Deals to Sea" promo this weekend. It was initially a B1 GTY upon purchase and we ended up with 10210 (supposedly B2).

Here you go

10210.jpg

Pete