New Years Eve Cruise

We are booking a New Years Eve cruise on the Allure or Oasis and the cabin prices are high. This is understandable being a special cruise. RCCL will not give any extra discounts or perks on a outside cabin if I book through RCCL. Can I do any better by going thru a TA such as AAA?

We are booking a New Years Eve cruise on the Allure or Oasis and the cabin prices are high. This is understandable being a special cruise. RCCL will not give any extra discounts or perks on a outside cabin if I book through RCCL. Can I do any better by going thru a TA such as AAA?

I have found that most TA's will offer something extra for booking through them; from a bottle of champagne to OBC. Shop around.

Edited by comxkid

Going through a travel agent will not do you any good unless you do some package with the agent that includes something like "2 3-night hotel stays, 1 week timeshare, and 2 cruises." Unless the travel agent sells you something like that, a travel agent will not help you.

AAA is worth looking into. You would have to check with them for specific details.

You probably will not find a better rate but what you will find are perks such as OBC, free specialty dinners, prepaid gratuities, some even give cash back after you sail. Typically TA's have something more to offer or why would you book with them. They also trade out their perks on a regular basis. I typically look for prepaid gratuities when sailing with kids (this adds up). Our last booking we got RC's WOW sail with a $300 OBC and the TA gave an additional $150 OBC + free gratuities + $75 towards a shore excursion. The price was no different than what I could have booked directly but the extras were worth the hassle of the travel agent