Lots of questions regarding Allure excursions and Ft Lauderdale

wagsit

We are cruising on the Allure in April...can't wait!!

couple questions...:rolleyes:

In Labadee we are looking to book a cabana..over the water hopefully..which beach do you prefer? Would like to be close to some of the water activities for the teens.

In Jamaica, looking to do the tubing trip. Which was a good one?? Or any other ideas for a family of 4..2 teens :)

and when we get back to port , we have a full day before we catch our flight home. I did rent a car for the day...what are some fun things to see and do??

Thanks so much...everyone here is SO helpful!!!! :)

We just did the Everglades Airboat excursion in FLL due to having a late flight.

You could do it on your own with rental car since the excursion was just a trip to Everglades Holiday Park.

The Everglades are a feature unique to South Florida so it was worth the visit.

Another vote for a rental car and Everglades Holiday Park. We did that this past summer and felt it was as good or better than any excursion we did on the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please excuse all the typos.

In Labadee we are looking to book a cabana..over the water hopefully..which beach do you prefer? Would like to be close to some of the water activities for the teens.

In Jamaica, looking to do the tubing trip. Which was a good one?? Or any other ideas for a family of 4..2 teens :)

and when we get back to port , we have a full day before we catch our flight home. I did rent a car for the day...what are some fun things to see and do??

Hello Wagsit, I hate to offer bad news, but if you don't already have the cabana booked for your April cruise, you really need to get on it quick. But chances are the cabanas have been booked up for a long while already.

We did White River tubing through the cruise line, it was really fun. Took a van to the river, suited up, and tubed to a spot where you could jump off a platform into the water, they also took photos, and tried to sell them, but no obligation. In addition to the fun of the tubing, floating by some local homes and businesses was a neat cultural experience. We ended up at a beach where we could stay and can back later, or head back to the ship with the tour.

As far as after the cruise- my Oasis review (linked in signature) has a review of the Hollywood beach area. (At the end of the review) We did the "excursion" through the cruise, which is really just transportation, and a hospitality center where you can enjoy the beach on your own or take the included tram to the shopping center. It's a place you could easily go with your rental car and enjoy, even if you can't use the hospitality center.

We went on the Dreamer catamaran/snorkeling trip in Jamaica -- EXCELLENT! Very friendly staff. Drinks and snacks included.

It is a bit of a haul by bus from Falmouth, though: 25 minutes or so each way.

Still, we'd do it again.

Also, the Mayan horseback/beach option in Cozumel was very good. Again, very friendly staff.

The beach aspect of the horseback thing on Cozumel was more of a "lunch or beach" 1-hour choice. It was 2:30 ship's time by the time we got there, so it was lunch for us! I'd eat that Shrimp Ceviche 3 meals a day if they'd let me. :D

We did the rafting excursion and it was a lot of fun. They look pictures and they took you to a rope swing. It was a good fun time.

We had same problem. We too rented a car and went and did a airboat ride on the Everglades!!! Fantastic way to end the trip!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app