7 hours, What to do

deedee290

Try going to 7 mile beach ,beautiful and close to port, then walk around the town and do some shopping . Remember tendering takes time even though your ship is in port 7 hrs. you will realistically have only about 4 or 5 hrs time there.

Try going to 7 mile beach ,beautiful and close to port, then walk around the town and do some shopping . Remember tendering takes time even though your ship is in port 7 hrs. you will realistically have only about 4 or 5 hrs time there.

FYI, tendering in GC is very easy and very quick. It's only a 5 min tender ride in, the pier is right in the center of town, so everything is easy to access. If you are in port for 7 hours, you can easily plan out at least 6 to 6 1/2 hours. Not meaning to be argumentative so please don't take it the wrong way. We only had 7 hours in GC and we were able to rent a car, drive to Rum Point and enjoy 4 hours there, had enough time to pick up a few items in Georgetown and be back on the boat in plenty of time.

Please read my thread on Rum Point, it's a beautiful ride out there, amazing beach, and away from all the crowds.

Enjoy!

Boat Bunny, do you remember how long of a drive it was to Rum Point, or how many miles? Have you been to seven mile beach, and if so, can you compare the two? (or anyone else that has been to both). I'm still trying to figure out what to do while there this sep., besides the sting rays of course :). Thanks!

Boat Bunny, do you remember how long of a drive it was to Rum Point, or how many miles? Have you been to seven mile beach, and if so, can you compare the two? (or anyone else that has been to both). I'm still trying to figure out what to do while there this sep., besides the sting rays of course :). Thanks!

It is about a 45 min drive to Rum Point from the airport area (which is less than 10 mins from the pier and where Cico Avis car rental is). Read my thread called "Rum Point-don't miss it" and it will give you a lot of details about Rum Point, getting there, etc.

Seven Mile Beach (have been there) is a huge beach, only a few minutes from the pier. There is no shade on the beach, you'll want to set yourself up with a hotel so that you have facilities such as restaurant/bar/bathrooms/shaded areas. It is a really nice beach, but after you read my thread on Rum Point, you'll be tempted to get to Rum Point.

I'd be happy to send you some pics of Rum Point as well. Email me at:

smdbelskis@prodigy.net

I'll send them right off.

Michelle

Archived