Exploration tower, Florida

anboricua76

Does anyone know the distance from the port to the new exploration tower? Do I need a taxi or is there a bus? PC is our first port of call and plan to go to Coco Beach, afterwards would like to check out the Exploration tower.

Thanks

Arelis

{Sorry but} here's the info ...

Hours etc can be found at: http://www.portcanaveral.com/welcomecenter/ open 10 to 7 is what they say. My experience with the port authority however makes me dubious.

From no place at a cruise ship terminal in PC are you more that 1.3 miles walking distance from the tower. But, the port is not pedestrian friendly. IOM it is actually pedestrian hostile. Where there is a bridge to cross (multi lane FAST moving traffic) there are no sidewalks. Where a direct path from A to B would be great there are chain link fences preventing your walking the direct path. IMO our port is a little disjoint.

The tower is in an area being branded as 'the cove' http://www.portcanaveral.com/welcomecenter/cove-master-plan.php and last summer the port supported a 'craft market' in this area and ran a free shuttle. It is not operating now so far as I know, but look around when you leave the ship or ask sooner to your trip . . .

In worst case a taxi should only be a couple of dollars ..... but I said SHOULD cuz the taxi company with the exclusive contract to serve the port happens to be partially owned by a port . . . . well, you get the idea . . . .\\Welcome to Florida, the rules are different here . . .////

Edited by Capt_BJ