Oasis past guest question - Balcony Cabin Layout

nae418

Hi:

I'm sailing on the Oasis the summer of 2015. I've read something about the cabins layout.

Some beds were near the balcony and some were near a closet?

Does anyone have a picture of the cabin layout. I am booked on deck 12 in Ocean view balcony cabin 12220 and my sister is in 12218. Has anyone stayed in either of these cabins? or know the layout?

If the bed is near the closet, does that mean the sofa is near the balcony?

I would love for my bed to be near the balcony. Any info would be helpful. Happy Sailing.

Nae

deck 12 in Ocean view balcony cabin 12220 and my sister is in 12218.

If the rule holds, (and I don't see any reason why it won't in this case):

12218 bed by the balcony

12220 bed near the closet/bathroom/hall door.

If the bed is near the closet, does that mean the sofa is near the balcony?

Yes.

12218 bed by the balcony

Yes.

I see a simple solution here....Switch rooms without your sister knowing! :D:D

12218 bed by the balcony

Yes.

What rule is this???

I have recently upgraded from a balcony room (which I know the bed was near the balcony due to recent footage of that stateroom on You tube) to a Junior Suite and some of the graphic pics show the sofa near the balcony.

We are actually on a different ship, but would be great to work out which way round things are as we are travelling with children who will be sleeping on the sofa bed.

Thanks in advance :)

What rule is this???

I have recently upgraded from a balcony room (which I know the bed was near the balcony due to recent footage of that stateroom on You tube) to a Junior Suite and some of the graphic pics show the sofa near the balcony.

We are actually on a different ship, but would be great to work out which way round things are as we are travelling with children who will be sleeping on the sofa bed.

Thanks in advance :)

IIRC, the rule to find out where your bed is located on Oasis/Allure...

Find the nearest connecting room on the same side of the hallway as you (in the OP's case, 12202 & 12204.

As you're standing in the hallway looking at the cabin doors, the one on the right (12202) has the bed by the balcony, the one on the left (12204) has the bed by the closet. Now you just alternate until you get to your your cabin.

12206: Closet

12208: Balcony

12210: Closet

12212: Balcony

12214: Closet

12216: Balcony

12218: Closet

12220: Balcony

Since I am opposite what Gayle V found, I probably have the formula backwards. But I looked at our cabin from our Oasis cruise last year (7592) which had the bed by the balcony and it would have been the "right hand" alternating from the connecting cabin.

IIRC, the rule to find out where your bed is located on Oasis/Allure...

Find the nearest connecting room on the same side of the hallway as you (in the OP's case, 12202 & 12204.

As you're standing in the hallway looking at the cabin doors, the one on the right (12202) has the bed by the balcony, the one on the left (12204) has the bed by the closet. Now you just alternate until you get to your your cabin.

12206: Closet

12208: Balcony

12210: Closet

12212: Balcony

12214: Closet

12216: Balcony

12218: Closet

12220: Balcony

Since I am opposite what Gayle V found, I probably have the formula backwards. But I looked at our cabin from our Oasis cruise last year (7592) which had the bed by the balcony and it would have been the "right hand" alternating from the connecting cabin.

Oops, started wrong...

12202: Balcony

12204: Closet

12206: Balcony

12208: Closet

12210: Balcony

12212: Closet

12214: Balcony

12216: Closet

12218: Balcony

12220: Closet

It sounds like your rooms had an odd configuration, or were not located along the main run of the hall. That's why I said, "If the rule holds, (and I don't see any reason why it won't in this case)". In cases where the cabins types are mixed (balcony next to grand suite) or on a corner, or next to something non cabin area, then the rule may not hold.

Edited by Gayle V