MDR dress for children

Hello all! We will be going on our first cruise this month on Oasis. My girls are 6 and 10, and while they have dresses for each night of our cruise, I am wondering about shoes. Neither of them are used to wearing sandals, but both have very pretty, sparkly flip flops. Would this be appropriate for them to wear with their dresses in the MDR? Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide!

Hmmm..... tough question. They really say no flip flops, but if they are dressy looking I'm guessing that it won't be a problem. In fact, especially considering their ages, I'm guessing that dressier flip flops won't even be noticed. But you might want to have a back up ready. About the only thing they really enforce is no shorts or bathing suits and, I assume, no flip flops. But I have seen guys in t-shirts and shorts, and I saw 2 guys on Oasis last year come to dinner in "wife-beater" shirts and what looked like bathing suits. They did walk in late so they may only have come to talk to someone. So I bet that any shoe that looks at least a bit dressy (i.e sparkly), on a 6 and 10 year old in dresses would be just fine.

My 70-yr-old mother wears flip-flops most of the time. On cruises, she wears her sparkly, dressier flip-flops in the MDR and no one even glances at her feet. Your girls will be fine. Save the suitcase space for souvenirs!

I think there are 2 different classes of flip flops

1. rubber or plastic with foam bottom

2. leather or pleather with hard bottom similar to bottom of any dress shoe

Personally, I think style 1 is for the pool and too casual for the dining room. However, style 2 would be acceptably worn to the dining room as a sandal.

Edited by cruise cruise cruise

I think there are 2 different classes of flip flops

1. rubber or plastic with foam bottom

2. leather or pleather with hard bottom similar to bottom of any dress shoe

Personally, I think style 1 is for the pool and too casual for the dining room. However, style 2 would be acceptably worn to the dining room as a sandal.

Examples of both per this post.

Personally, they are young ladies. If they are in dresses, who's looking at their feet? I'm sure both will be beautiful no matter what type of footwear they are wearing.

flip_flops_cheap.jpg.072b78d5aad8ff336ce2491bb0ad529f.jpg

64fe0e15a6bc16e5ce923efed940db96.jpg.950ccad6fe3d2053d280095a5dfd73e8.jpg

Hello all! We will be going on our first cruise this month on Oasis. My girls are 6 and 10, and while they have dresses for each night of our cruise, I am wondering about shoes. Neither of them are used to wearing sandals, but both have very pretty, sparkly flip flops. Would this be appropriate for them to wear with their dresses in the MDR? Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide!

For girls that age nicer flip-flops would almost definitely be accepted/not even noticed. Just in case, you may want to pack a pair of fuller sandals or simple flats for them in the off chance you have a particularly strict maitre-d or host one night (since flip-flops are technically posted as not allowed).