Mini-suites on Royal

tully07

We've been spoiled by the Emerald deck minis on Ruby and Emerald. We tend to use our balcony pretty much all day, and because I need to stay out of the sun, the fully-covered large balconies on the Emerald deck minis are perfect for us.

Is there anything equivalent on the Royal??

We've been spoiled by the Emerald deck minis on Ruby and Emerald. We tend to use our balcony pretty much all day, and because I need to stay out of the sun, the fully-covered large balconies on the Emerald deck minis are perfect for us.

Unless you can pop for an Owner's Suite, stick with Ruby/Emerald. Royal has a lot of plusses, but balcony size is not one of them.

Unless you can pop for an Owner's Suite, stick with Ruby/Emerald. Royal has a lot of plusses, but balcony size is not one of them.

Have to agree. We were on the Royal for the Oct transatlantic and did not use the balcony as much as when we were on the Ruby or Emerald.(ewereon the Baja deck, balcony wsa covered but waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too narrow!

If you can get a mid-ship extended balcony mini, the balconies are larger and are covered.

As was mentioned, the midship minis do have a slightly larger balcony. We had cabin C410 on the TA and found it to be sufficient. Nothing like those the OP is used to, but still large enough that an UBD would be possible. I have some photos posted here in the CC gallery @ http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=252921

We were far enough below the Skyview Bar that privacy for us wasn't an issue from above.

Hope this helps.

Joel