Teen Centre Question

smokiebk

We are considering booking the Dawn in December with another family. We have a 12 and 16 year old. They have a 13 and 15 year old. From what I've read, NCL's age policies are strictly enforced for their youth programs.

What I'm wondering is, would my 12 year old be allowed entry into the teen centre area that has video games, air hockey, fooseball, etc. at any time during the day when programs aren't running? Or would he be strictly limited to the 12 and under areas only? I'm worried he'll be bored and a little bummed he can't hang out with his 13 year old cousin in the same places.

NCL's website says they are strict about this, but I don't know how it is in practice.

I was reading their policy about "what if a kid has a birthday mid-cruise, can they attend with the older age group from the beginning?" It was interesting, with the youngest group (kids turning 3) and with teenagers, turning 12-13 they were sticklers about making the kids wait until their birthday, but with the middle two groups, turning 5-6 or 9-10, they would let the kid attend with the older group from the beginning of the cruise. Since nothing magical happens to a kid between Saturday when they board the cruise, and, say, Wednesday, when they turn 3 or 13, I was thinking maybe there is some sort of legal reason or liability risk if they let under-ag kids attend with an older age group. If this is the case, maybe it is strictly enforced. Just a theory!

There are some cruise lines that start their "teen" programs at age 12. Maybe something to consider if this is really importantl.

We are considering booking the Dawn in December with another family. We have a 12 and 16 year old. They have a 13 and 15 year old. From what I've read, NCL's age policies are strictly enforced for their youth programs.

What I'm wondering is, would my 12 year old be allowed entry into the teen centre area that has video games, air hockey, fooseball, etc. at any time during the day when programs aren't running? Or would he be strictly limited to the 12 and under areas only? I'm worried he'll be bored and a little bummed he can't hang out with his 13 year old cousin in the same places.

No. They absolutely will not make exceptions for the rules regarding the age groups. When the programs aren't running, the doors are locked.

Edited by SissasMomE

Thanks for the replies. My son says he doesn't care, but decided to change to the Epic anyways, since it has more things to do on board.

That is a better choice. They have games located in O'Sheehan's as well as a seperate arcade that he can go to.