Fare Viewer VS Carnival site pricing

Pookeybear1966

I checked our cruise via fare viewer, Balcony category shows 20.00 less than if I mock book via carnival.com. How do I compare if it doesn't show the different categories of balcony pricing on fare viewer (I think our balcony on Empress is a step above what fare viewer quotes (they quote lowest)?)...I sent in the price protection form, which carnival denied...so I went to mock booking and realized the stateroom we have is same price as carnival.com but 20.00 more than fare viewer.

Our balcony is on Empress Deck 8C category. Last cruise whatever fare viewer came up with for balcony I submitted and got price reduction.

So do I just have to do mock bookings to figure out price matching? And when does fare viewer show all categories to price match to?

I've always seen the categories displayed. The price comparison needs to match exactly though if you're planning to submit a price drop. If you're category is sold out, it will not be listed.

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014