Distance from port to ... in Seward

EMED2010

Hi! I have been studying a map of Seward and have a few questions. We are going to be Northbound on Radiance. We plan on doing a Major Marine tour after disembarking and after the tour check into a hotel. The next day we will rent a car, go flightseeing in the morning and then Exit Glacier and head to Cooper Landing.

So the question is this: I can see that Hertz is close to port (on the map anyway) but I don't want to get the car until the next day. How far of a walk would it be from port (with luggage) to Breeze Inn (where I plan on staying)? Also, from the map it looks like Breeze Inn is close to Major Marine so we could exit ship, drop luggage at hotel and go on tour. Thoughts and thanks!

It’s about 1 mile from where the ship will dock to the Breeze Inn. Yes, you’ll be close to Major Marine once at the hotel. If you don’t want to wait for the Seward Shuttle you can grab a cab for probably less than 10 bucks from the port to the hotel. Your plan for maximizing your time in Seward is very good. There’s also the SeaLife Center although I’d put that lower on the priority list than flight seeing, Exit Glacier and the day cruise.

Thank you both! Will try for the shuttle if its there and if not will take a cab since it doesn't sound too expensive. If we have extra time, I would love to see the sea life center. Hopefully we could squeeze it in. We are driving to Cooper Landing to stay over night so my hubby can do a fishing tour on the Kenai River the next morning so we don't have to rush there.