Suggestions for Enchantment 10-10

Hello all,

We have a party of 8 (4 different cabins) going on Enchantment 10-10-05 (Key West, Cozumel, Belize). My husband and I sailed RCI in 1997 and have been sailing Carnival since. Any suggestions for the cruise itself and the excursions would be extremely helpful. Also, we have an Oceanview cabin, (originally to be next to our party), but are interested in upgrading, should we wait till we get to the port, otherwise we are willing to "tough" it out...LOL.:rolleyes: Also, how soon should we arrive at Ft. Lauderdale.....oh, and we are C&A members, barely.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions,

Tam0118:o

I'll see what I can do here since I have been on this cruise a couple of times.

Key West: Many options. I have always enjoyed the Trolly Tour. You will have different opinions on the Trolly Vs. Train tours(soon to be settled in a steel cage death match). But I will do my best to give pros and cons of each.

Train: more open than trolly. Enables you to get more of the breeze in your hair. Cons doesn't stop.

Trolly: little obvious here if you read above.....more closed in then train. Hoever, and this is important, it stops several times and you can get off walk around see what there is to see and catch the next trolly. I perfer the trolly but thats me. And as my wife says I'm wrong a lot.

Cozumel: my favorite stop. There is shopping and beaches to be seen. If you go shopping be sure to haggle with them. Never pay face value, this just adds to the fun. Now when it comes to beaches DO NOT BE FOOLED. They are all basically on the same strech of beach. So you have many choices. YOu can take a RCCL excursion to a beach, is a little expensive. OR you can catch a cab at the pier and go to one on your own. I have been to Paradise beach adn Mr. Sanchos. Both are nice. I believe there is a 5 dollar cover at PB. However the chairs are free and so is the kayacking(?) and snorkeling. YOu will give a deposit to use the equipment but you get that back. Be sure to get it back they won't remind you. Mr. Sanchos you have to pay to use the chairs.

Belize: Cave tubing is great. Cheaper if you do it on your own. Check the Belize section of the boards for information.

The ship......I am envious of you. There are so many places. THe schooner bar on this ship is a great place for a drink and to listen to the piano player. Also, they actually use the Vicking Crown lounge as a dance club.....what an idea.

If you are flying into FT. Lauderdale do yourself a favor and rent a cab. They run less than 20. And you can fit 4 people in them. THere are plenty available at the pier when you get off the boat. IT is much easier then being put on the bus and having to wait for it to fill up before you leave. I also recommend if you can flying in a day early and checking it out.

Here is my review of my experince on Enchantment. Many people have found it helpful. And maybe a little comical.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=71172&highlight=swimming+luggage

hope this helps.

I agree on catching a cab to and from the dock. It is less than 10 minutes each way and you wont have to wait for luggage to come off the bus when you go back to the airport. You should pick a plane that lands before 1pm to make the ship if you choose your own airfare. (You never know when a plane is running late). Since you are sailing in October, keep an eye on the hurricanes out at sea because your schedule might change to someplace other than Western Carribean for your safety and the safety of a multimillion dollar ship that just got refurbished. :cool:

Archived