Capt. Bryan's Disappoints!

karen11g

We were on the Miracle last week and had booked a stingray/snorkel tour with Capt. Bryan's based on positive comments on the CC boards. Due to Emily, our stop in Grand Cayman was changed from Tuesday to Thursday. Immediately after getting on the ship Sunday and learning of the change, I e-mailed the following to Grand Cayman Cruise Excursions, which books Capt. Bryan's:

"Hello,

We hope everybody is okay on your island and that you missed the worst of

the storm!

We are now on the Miracle and our itinerary has been changed because of

Emily. If possible, can we change our stingray excursion from Tuesday, July

19 to Thursday, July 21?

Thank you very much,"

I quickly received the following response:

"Good afternoon,

Karen please proceed the office ASAP and we will do everything we can to get you onto our catamaran(s). There are so many changes going on so we know at this point that many of the times are tenative so just come to the office when you arrive and we will get you to stingray city:-) Enjoy your

cruise!!!"

To make a long story short, when we showed up as instructed, there was no availability, we were told they didn't learn about the itinerary change until Tuesday, and we were given no help whatsoever to find another tour. We took "We will get you to stingray city" to mean they'd either get us on their own tour or refer us to another reputable one. Instead we were on our own, and the one we were able to get from the pier was disappointing.

To be clear, we don't blame them for not being able to fit us in due to the late itinerary change. If they had e-mailed me back and said "sorry we're booked Thursday" we would have understood and made other arrangements from the ship. But to assure us we would be taken care of, then not doing it was wrong and left us in a bad position.

I have e-mailed them since returning to tell them of our disappointment and asking them to credit our deposit back to my credit card, but have recieved no response.

It may be that the people who actually run the tour are great, but their booking operation did not serve us well, so be forewarned!

Hope everyone else has better luck!

Sorry to hear of your experience. I'm sure that itinerary changes wreck havoc with their tours. I guess I would have expected some problems based upon their e-mail. In any case, they have to refund your deposit. I don't know how long ago you made the deposit by credit card but you have I think 60 days from the credit card bill to dispute the charge. Good luck

We were on the Miracle last week and had booked a stingray/snorkel tour with Capt. Bryan's based on positive comments on the CC boards. Due to Emily, our stop in Grand Cayman was changed from Tuesday to Thursday. Immediately after getting on the ship Sunday and learning of the change, I e-mailed the following to Grand Cayman Cruise Excursions, which books Capt. Bryan's:

"Hello,

We hope everybody is okay on your island and that you missed the worst of

the storm!

We are now on the Miracle and our itinerary has been changed because of

Emily. If possible, can we change our stingray excursion from Tuesday, July

19 to Thursday, July 21?

Thank you very much,"

I quickly received the following response:

"Good afternoon,

Karen please proceed the office ASAP and we will do everything we can to get you onto our catamaran(s). There are so many changes going on so we know at this point that many of the times are tenative so just come to the office when you arrive and we will get you to stingray city:-) Enjoy your

cruise!!!"

To make a long story short, when we showed up as instructed, there was no availability, we were told they didn't learn about the itinerary change until Tuesday, and we were given no help whatsoever to find another tour. We took "We will get you to stingray city" to mean they'd either get us on their own tour or refer us to another reputable one. Instead we were on our own, and the one we were able to get from the pier was disappointing.

To be clear, we don't blame them for not being able to fit us in due to the late itinerary change. If they had e-mailed me back and said "sorry we're booked Thursday" we would have understood and made other arrangements from the ship. But to assure us we would be taken care of, then not doing it was wrong and left us in a bad position.

I have e-mailed them since returning to tell them of our disappointment and asking them to credit our deposit back to my credit card, but have recieved no response.

It may be that the people who actually run the tour are great, but their booking operation did not serve us well, so be forewarned!

Hope everyone else has better luck!

I CAN TELL YOU FROM EXPERIENCE ITS NOT CAPTAIN BRYANS BUT THE MIDDLEMAN. I HAVE HAD A PROBLEM WITH THEM ALSO AND WAS GIVEN A REFUND BUT NOT WITHOUT RUDENESS AND UNPROFFESIONALISM! GOOD LUCK.

I guess I would have expected some problems based upon their e-mail. In any case, they have to refund your deposit.

Actually, we very much expected to be told that Thursday was booked. We were surprised to have them tell us they could take care of us. Wish they had told the truth - we would have had a much better experience on Cayman!

I CAN TELL YOU FROM EXPERIENCE ITS NOT CAPTAIN BRYANS BUT THE MIDDLEMAN. I HAVE HAD A PROBLEM WITH THEM ALSO AND WAS GIVEN A REFUND BUT NOT WITHOUT RUDENESS AND UNPROFFESIONALISM! GOOD LUCK.

That's what we concluded. Since so many people on these boards raved about the tour itself, I'm sure the staff of Captain Bryan's is good.

They did e-mail me back this morning with courtesy and a long explanation, but no real apology for whomever on their staff told us to show up and they'd take care of us. They blamed the Captain Bryan's woman who was there when we showed up and had to give us the bad news, saying the information she gave us was about a ship other than the Miracle.

Anyway, at least it sounds like we'll get our deposit back, and we had a great time on our cruise in spite of this mixup.

Archived