Rotterdam 6 June

Mee2

Hello Aussieguy, my partner and I are going to NYC on the 2nd Jun. Have our documents but no cabin assigned yet.
We are also really looking forward to the 34 days.
MEE2

I'm a young person who took this ship in april and I have to warn you about a few things. Pay attention to the letter you get with your tickets about disease and take lots of little bottles of hand sanitizer to keep in your pockets. I got sick twice in 10 days, and I've never been sick on vacation before. Once was with a sinus infection and the other with a severe GI infection. Passengers range from old to zombie. I would also take one of those plug in air fresheners and a bottle of oust or lysol, as the rooms tended to smell of BO. Take lots of cash as there is no ATM onboard and while they'll advance you money, there's a hefty tariff. I posted a review. Few men wore tuxedos or even dark suits. Laundry costs $3 per load, and detergent is free. First seating is where all the action is. Beware cabins on the promenade desk. The front desk supervisor Ilja is fantastic as is Femka. The ship rarely sells out. The real cruise director is so gay and british and he mingles a lot. He was shipped home on my cruise, so Melissa may be in charge (they call her bingo princess). Check out Corey the hunky assistant cruise director. You can meet the dancers daily at the 11:00 pm buffet. The "cast" may be different by june, but there was one dancer a black guy who wore capri pants and a pink sweater around his shoulders daily: do you think he was gay? Also, the lead singer was surprisingly straight, as I met his wife. There was 1 old gay couple onboard, but I rarely saw them. I saw no gay dancing. THe disco is empty at night. Hope this helps you! Bon voyage.

Thank You (I think) for your review of Rotterdam. Will be careful.
What did you mean "beware cabins on promenade" ?
Had all the so called upgrades been done to cabins? Mattresses, robes, ice bucket, etc.
What do they do for bath soap, shampoo, etc.
Do you remember the CD name?
Black dancer sounds like one that was on the Prinsedam last summer. Very funny guy. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Archived