Bar set up on NCL Pearl to Alaska

Witchypoo89

This will be my first Cruise in May to Alaska. I've been reading that you can do a bar set up so you can have drinks in your room you know the legal way! So I'm curious. I know I will pay more than I normally would which is ok. Still think its better than drinks by the glass and I doubt my husband and I will drink the 125 a day they will charge us if we get that all inclusive drink card.

Is it true while they charge per day for drink card & you have to pay for the entire 7 days. Which will be at least 800 after taxes. There is no way we'd drink $800 in anything since we aren't soda drinkers are big drinkers. I assume water is free. What about coffee. I do like my coffee.

Anyway back to my original question. Do they really offer bar set up? Does it include mixers? How soon can I set this up? I'd love to hear from people that have done this and curious what kind of drink tab we could expect if we drink by the glass? Trying to convince my husband why a bar set up is a good idea and you know other things people have suggested. I'm not trying to keep the cruise from making money but want to have more money to do other things too!

Thanks in advance this forum is the BEST.

Yes, the Ultimate Beverage Package is $49/person/day plus 15% gratuity and it must be purchased for all days of the cruise (disembarkation date is excluded). Regular water is free, as well as regular coffee and tea. Speciality coffees are extra.

Yes, the bar set up can be ordred simply just by callng the NCL main customer service number, price for the bottle is $83-123 including the service charge and it includes three garnishes and three cans of mixers. So you will not get enough mixers for the whole bottle but if you don't want to buy extra sodas onboard, you can bring as much soda with you onboard as you want.

Personally I suggest that you think throughly how much time you are actually going to spend in your cabin and would you walk back to the cabin from where ever you might be every time you need to fill up. Some people here have reported that they didn't drink nearly as much in their cabin as they originally thought they would and hence they brought a lot of the liquor back home with them.