Paid $160 Argentine entry fee, now have new passport

K D cruiser

I can now state definitively based on recent experience that the reciprocity fee is valid for 10 years and survives the passport. Take both the old and new passports with you. Show the reciprocity fee sticker affixed to your old passport along with the new passport and you will have no problems. This procedure is valid for US citizens and is based on personal experience, February 2015.

• 2 months later...

I started this post last year when we were thinking of taking another SA cruise. We're still thinking about 2016 and I just looked at my passport and my husband's expired passport and there is no sticker in either passport, just the Argentina entry and exit stamps.

I do have the tickets that I printed off when we paid the fee in 2013. I'm going to call the embassy in D.C. to get more information. I'll keep you posted if I find out anything.

I just looked at the entry stamp in our passports more closely and there is a number under the stamp that is hand written and matches the numbers on our tickets that I printed when we paid the fee.

I'm still going to call the embassy just to make sure this is enough documentation. I sure don't want to have to pay the fees gain.

I called the Argentina Embassy in Washington, D.C. and the woman I spoke with said there was no one available to answer questions and I should check on the Internet. So, no help there.

After finding the numbers written under our entry stamps, I think we're set to go.

I called the Argentina Embassy in Washington, D.C. and the woman I spoke with said there was no one available to answer questions and I should check on the Internet. So, no help there.

After finding the numbers written under our entry stamps, I think we're set to go.

My passport has a sticker in addition to entry/exit stamps only because I paid the fee back when they were collecting at the airport. They issued stickers and no receipt...I suspect you are right. If you have the passport with the number recorded and the printed receipt, you should be good to go.

I can't find the answer to this question. Last year we took a South American cruise from BA to Santiago. We each paid $160 for the entry fee which is supposed to be good for ten years. But then, my husband's passport expired and he now has a new passport number, but the certificate we have shows his old passport number.

We liked the cruise so much we were thinking of repeating it next year. Does anyone know if we can get the passport number changed or do we have to pay another $160 for a new certificate?

Thanks for any information.

Could you please tell me WHERE to go to get this paid? I followed the "provinciapagos.com.ar" and it makes no sense whatsoever:( All paths seemed to lead nowhere:( HELP!!! I am canadian if that makes any difference!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Could you please tell me WHERE to go to get this paid? I followed the "provinciapagos.com.ar" and it makes no sense whatsoever:( All paths seemed to lead nowhere:( HELP!!! I am canadian if that makes any difference!

Thanks in advance for any help.

This is the official site.

https://reciprocidad.provincianet.com.ar/