Has anyone stayed in Reflection Suite?

mikeydoo

• 3 months later...

We did S2 this past April. The room was 330(?) sq ft - standard layout but bigger. Marble upgraded bathroom with tub. Got expedited boarding, disembark, special reserved area at theater.

We really did not make much use of our butler (packing, dining in) and he seemed worried we weren't making use of his service.

The S2 suite did not seem like a good value to me for the extra $. I'd rather put the $ saved towards another veranda cruise.

After April 2015 the suite guests will receive enhanced treatment. BUT while S2-S1 get to eat in the special VIP dining area, only higher cat suites also get the Michael's Club concierge treatment.

Happy Cruising

Did you hear any extra noise from the Sky Lounge next door? That always has worried me about the location of these suites. I was once above a similar lounge on another ship and we heard the music until very late.

Did you hear any extra noise from the Sky Lounge next door? That always has worried me about the location of these suites. I was once above a similar lounge on another ship and we heard the music until very late.

S2 not near Sky Lounge. S2 under oceanview cafe but we had no noise issues.

I have not stayed in the Reflection Suite, but was invited to a cocktail party hosted by my travel agent in November sand I took the obligatory 'selfie' of myself standing in the cool Jewel Shower. :D

My thoughts, it sounds great on paper but in reality, not any better than the penthouse, in fact I prefer the Penthouse for its huge veranda and open feeling space.

Reflection has a very small veranda, just large enough for the whirlpool, and a table to seat 4 in it, (maybe a lounger, can't recall, but it was fully covered and boxed in and no sun is getting in there) off the port side, connecting direct to the Jewel Shower and not accessible from the public spaces (living room) at all. To get on it, you have to go thru the 2nd bedroom, or the master bedroom, into the bathroom and thru the shower to get out there. It's probably the size of 2 standard verandas, but "deeper". It has a full 2nd bedroom with its own full bathroom (not attached to the bedroom but across the entry hallway) so also doubles as guest bath so if using it, make sure you have people to use that room to share the expenses!

I felt the decor looked like they had hired 5different interior designers for some sort of contest, as it felt like 5 styles, way overdone and way too much decor. The decor made the room fell "stuffy" to me even though it had high ceilings.

He had about 40 people at the gathering, and it was tight and we were bumping into each other. I was in Penthouse, hosted 50 or so one day and could have easily hosted 150.

Dining room table seats 10 I believe.

If you are traveling with others on the ship and want to invite them up, unless they are in the Signature Suites in the private keycard access hallway, accessing the suite is cumbersome. There is a house phone at the keycard door, and you would need to have them call you then go down the hall and let them in. As far as I understood from my TA, there was no "buzzing them in" He had a representative stand attention at the door to keep it open to allow us in and out.

The ship provided a very first-class reception with full bar (the suite has an actual bar set up in it) and bartender and hot and cold appetizers, not sure if he paid for this or not. in Penthouse hot and cold apps were free, but booze I had to pay for a bar setup if I wanted one.

I'll leave you to read the small benefits and amenities on X website such as open mini bar, free internet for multiple devices, free specialty dining, etc....

If you have any specific questions, let me know, I'm happy to reply if I can answer them.

S2 not near Sky Lounge. S2 under oceanview cafe but we had no noise issues.

Sorry I missed the S2 in your post. The Reflection Suite is next to the Sky Lounge. I still have not heard from anyone about noise in a Reflection Suite. And while I thought Celebrity had some of the best suites at sea, the newer RCCL ships are far superior. I hope the next generation of Celebrity ships do some changes. Those two level suites on newer RCCL ships are very nice.

As to noise from the sky lounge, I can't say for certain, but don't think it's an issue. Reason being is there is a wall, then living room to buffer the sound then a wall then bedroom. So really the only times you'd be conceded at all you would be in bed sleeping with its of buffer space.

Sorry I missed the S2 in your post. The Reflection Suite is next to the Sky Lounge. I still have not heard from anyone about noise in a Reflection Suite. And while I thought Celebrity had some of the best suites at sea, the newer RCCL ships are far superior. I hope the next generation of Celebrity ships do some changes. Those two level suites on newer RCCL ships are very nice.

I'm dying to try one of the sky lofts on an RCI ship, they are only on the Oasis and Allure, though right, the biggest ships they have?

Doubt Celebrity can muster up using that much space on any of their ships to dedicate to such a cabin.

To me celebrity's suites rank in coolness as follows:

M class Penthouse (yes, the older is better I think...that enormous wrap-around aft veranda)

S class Penthouse

Reflection Suite (only Reflection)

S class Royal Suite

M class Celebrity Suite

S class Celebrity Suite

M class Royal Suite

Signature Suite (only Reflection)

S class Sky Suites

M class Sky Suites

Having not stayed in a loft suite, I'd probably put them after the X penthouses, above the Reflection suite, just due to X having butler service.

The rest of the RCI Suites, I don't really find all that appealing relative to X suites.

I have had most of the Suites on Celebrity ships too. Never a Reflection Suite. My favorite (even more than an owners suite and penthouse suite) was a front FV (with the bigger balcony) on the Eclipse. I would love to try one of the newer 2 story suites on RCCL, but our kids are grown up now and we prefer the passenger mix on Celebrity now.

We loved RCCL when the kids were young. We started on RCCL so long ago, they actually let kids as young as 12 gamble on the slot machines. So after dinner all the kids would run off with $10 for the slot machines. How things have changed.

• 11 months later...