Cheers Package and the Liberty

Has anyone been on the Liberty lately that had the Cheers package? My question is before hitting the 15 drink limit are you able to purchase beverages. I have seen mixed reports on different ships, so I would just like to know your experience. Thanks in advance!

Hello Cruisin' May! I have the same question. I am sure you will get a few negative responses about how 15 should be plenty but, in advance, I'd like to say it is not! Woowhooo vacation! 15 drinks on average is about 1-2 per hour while you are vacationing, and that's not including any shots or fun things you'd like to have on the side. I can't wait to hear the answer. I have 60 drinks that I have listed as must try's so I need to know if I"ll have any trouble meeting my goal! :cool:

People might not agree with my consumption but, I'll be having fun... and that's a fact, jack! :p

I'd like to know the answer as well. What if I meet some new friends and want to buy everyone shots? That could use the entire 15 limit in one go!

You can't use Cheers that way, so it wouldn't matter anyhow. :D

You can't use Cheers that way, so it wouldn't matter anyhow. :D

True, since it's only one at a time. But my question is, if I wanna buy a round of shots, can I buy them separately, outside of cheers?

True, since it's only one at a time. But my question is, if I wanna buy a round of shots, can I buy them separately, outside of cheers?

No, you cannot purchase shots for anyone else. The 15 drinks cannot be shared.

Any drink you purchase under the $10 limit is counted toward your Cheers limit. You can purchase drinks and/or wine over the $10 limit for a 25% discount and they do not count toward your 15 drink limit.

I purchase at least one 5 bottle wine package and sometimes my sister purchases one also, just so we can have a bottle of wine at dinner NOT on the program. And when you purchase the wine package you are given 5 coupons that can be redeemed at any bar.

Any drink you purchase under the $10 limit is counted toward your Cheers limit. You can purchase drinks and/or wine over the $10 limit for a 25% discount and they do not count toward your 15 drink limit.

I purchase at least one 5 bottle wine package and sometimes my sister purchases one also, just so we can have a bottle of wine at dinner NOT on the program. And when you purchase the wine package you are given 5 coupons that can be redeemed at any bar.

I'm not trying to use Cheers to get anyone else drinks, I'm trying to find out if I can PURCHASE separately. So you mean to tell me, if I walked up to the bar and asked for 10 shots, outside of cheers, charged separately, they would turn away the extra money?

I merely would like to know if I will be allowed to have 15 beers plus a piña colada plus a Bloody Mary plus a shot of fireball plus a mimosa, minus a hangover.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

When I was 21, yes. At 43, a hangover is a sure bet.

At 43 you may get a hangover, but my 33 says repeat wackywolfords drink routine and your hangover will be short lived!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Exactly! Bloody Mary and Advil with breakfast will cure that hangover. :D :D

See this entire Cheers thing is so confusing! Someone posted a link a few days ago that said drinks (not bottles of wine) over $10 with the 25% discount DO count toward the 15 drinks. Which makes no sense to me.....

We are going to purchase Cheers on Fascination next month but there are so many different answers to questions.

Kim

I'm not trying to use Cheers to get anyone else drinks, I'm trying to find out if I can PURCHASE separately. So you mean to tell me, if I walked up to the bar and asked for 10 shots, outside of cheers, charged separately, they would turn away the extra money?

Yes, they would turn down the money if it was even possible which it's not because you can't order multiple drinks at the same time. You have to wait 5 minutes between orders. So even if you were just wanting to build a bucket of beer to have by the pool they will only ring up one at a time and it will take you 25 minutes to get them all assembled.

I guess I should be more specific to your situation........there are very few shots that are over the $10 limit.....here is the current bar menu: http://www.zydecocruiser.net/Carnival-Bar-Menu/CarnivalCruiseBarMenu.htm

Shots that cost less than $10 HAVE to be counted against Cheers so you can't order multiple shots. Shots over the $10 limit can be purchased and not count toward your limit, but I'm not sure if you can order more than one at a time. My sister drinks Patron Reposado which is $10.95 a shot but she has never ordered multiple shots.

See this entire Cheers thing is so confusing! Someone posted a link a few days ago that said drinks (not bottles of wine) over $10 with the 25% discount DO count toward the 15 drinks. Which makes no sense to me.....

We are going to purchase Cheers on Fascination next month but there are so many different answers to questions.

Kim

It is very confusing and varies from ship to ship and bartender to bartender. I know from experience there is a way for them to ring up a drink and NOT have it count toward your 15 drink limit.

On almost every cruise I've had Cheers on (which is 7) I have inquired late in the day to see where I am against my limit. I always keep track and I always tip $1 on the receipt so I also have a printed confirmation......But where I will show that I've had 13 drinks......their count will only be 9 or 11??????

I don't understand how that happens and I don't really question it. I've also had more than one bartender tell me to not worry about getting cut off, just to come see them if I'm already at 15..........

Maybe they ring it up as a soda or virgin drink?????? Not sure, but the limit has never been a problem for me.......

Edited by okgirl

On almost every cruise I've had Cheers on (which is 7) I have inquired late in the day to see where I am against my limit. I always keep track and I always tip $1 on the receipt so I also have a printed confirmation......But where I will show that I've had 13 drinks......their count will only be 9 or 11??????

I don't understand how that happens and I don't really question it. I've also had more than one bartender tell me to not worry about getting cut off, just to come see them if I'm already at 15..........

Maybe they ring it up as a soda or virgin drink?????? Not sure, but the limit has never been a problem for me.......

I need to sail with you then! :D

Kim

I need to sail with you then! :D

Kim

LOL.......you are more than welcome to join us anytime.......

We don't have it booked yet, but our annual Crazies cruise (many of whom used to post here) is scheduled for 9/28 on the Dream from NOLA......I think there are about 100 planning on going and we're a really fun group of people to cruise with......

I've really enjoyed the Cheers program and it's saved us a lot of money since we've started purchasing it.........I've found it to be much more flexible than the rules would have people think.........But I also think it has everything to do with the rapport that you cultivate with the bar staff........

Donna and I don't get off the ship very often anymore.......after 32 cruises we've seen and done everything. So we do end up spending a lot of time when the ship is in port just visiting the various bars and chatting with the crew.

LOL.......you are more than welcome to join us anytime.......

We don't have it booked yet, but our annual Crazies cruise (many of whom used to post here) is scheduled for 9/28 on the Dream from NOLA......I think there are about 100 planning on going and we're a really fun group of people to cruise with......

I've really enjoyed the Cheers program and it's saved us a lot of money since we've started purchasing it.........I've found it to be much more flexible than the rules would have people think.........But I also think it has everything to do with the rapport that you cultivate with the bar staff........

Donna and I don't get off the ship very often anymore.......after 32 cruises we've seen and done everything. So we do end up spending a lot of time when the ship is in port just visiting the various bars and chatting with the crew.

Maybe we can join the Crazies cruise sometime. I have talked my DH and DS into the Cheers program - they are the two that would reach 15 drinks. But who am I kidding, I may reach 15 too!

I just hope it works out okay for us and they aren't mad at me! I have ordered beer through Fun Shops so they each have some "back up" in the room.

Kim

We were on the Liberty this January and purchased the Cheers program. There was a terrific performer whose sets we ended up making an effort to see. I wanted to buy him a drink and was not allowed to do so...even if the bartender could literally watch me hand it to him. Couldn't share my cheers allotment and couldn't purchase additional. Odd and a bit embarrassing since I had just asked him for his drink of choice.