Breakaway March 9, 2014 Haven family review, and a shout out to the Assistant Hotel D

Mom2B&Z

Wow - I think people need to take a chill pill. It is obvious that some cruisers have the wrong expectations for the Haven. Yes those suites are being advertised as family suites so you should expect family and that includes children. That being said common sense should prevail and just as the OP did the children should be under supervision and the crew should not be thought of as baby sitters. If you want daycare then enroll the children in the children's programs that are available. This should be true regardless of your stateroom class.

Our son has grown up and is long out of the house and both of us enjoy seeing children enjoying themselves. I think a cruise with no children wouldn't be as enjoyable but that is my opinion. But as they say it only takes a couple of bad apples to spoil the whole bunch and it is much easier and less confrontational to come down hard on everyone instead of the select few that were causing the problem. I have watched the NCL crew in action bending over backwards to accommodate some of the most foolish requests (yes one of my favorite pastimes is people watching). They are trained to try and defuse the situation.

cruisinsly - if the people in the Haven cannot be accepting of your son they are the ones that should be spoken to not you and your son. You would be welcomed by us in the Haven on our cruise. And yes the Haven in general will be a much quieter atmosphere than the pool deck if for no other reason than the shear number of people. But apparently not quiet enough for some:) Enjoy your cruise.

cruisinsly - if the people in the Haven cannot be accepting of your son they are the ones that should be spoken to not you and your son. You would be welcomed by us in the Haven on our cruise. And yes the Haven in general will be a much quieter atmosphere than the pool deck if for no other reason than the shear number of people. But apparently not quiet enough for some:) Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you! He is very high functioning and most of the time has people laughing and acts very well socially. There are times though when he has "overload" that he will have a mini meltdown. My husband and I take care of that quickly and usually remove him from the situation. This will be his 4th cruise, and we have never had real issues with him. Once again, thank you for your kind words, acceptance and understanding. :)