How early can we park?

jjdshoe

We will be driving in from out of town and will arrive early morning the day we cruise. What time can we arrive and park at Erato St parking garage?

Are you firm about parking at Erato? If not there are several other places that will shuttle you for a lot less $$ than Erato charges to park. Less hassle than trying to drive into the garage. We used the pier parking once or twice then have gone elsewhere since then.

Parking at Erato is way less hassle than handling the luggage so many times, so that's what I prefer. Of course, a hotel with parking for the week is way more preferable just because you can call a taxi and not have to deal with any of the parking garages at all.

I am very interested in this as well. I have searched and searched trying to find a time that they will let arriving passengers park. We plan on arriving in NO around 8:30, parking the car, and heading to the French Quarter (NOT unloading luggage yet.) Does anyone know for sure if it's 10:00?

If anyone is interested, I e-mailed the Port of New Orleans and received this response:

Good morning Elizabeth,

The earliest you would be able to get into the garage is around 10 am. At that time you could leave any luggage with the seacaps before parking. I hope this info helps.

Thanks,

Ann Hanks

Administrative Assistant

Port of New Orleans

Cruise Division

Phone: (504) 528-3318

So, the earliest is 10:00, as an earlier poster stated!