Galveston parking

washingtonklan

We are sailing on 4/12 out of Galveston on the Triumph - woo hoo!!! Where do y'all park when you sail from Galveston? While money is certainly a concern, convenience is as well as I will be traveling with my older mother. TIA!!!

Sent from my QMV7A using Forums mobile app

Parking at the port here is probably the cheapest of any cruise terminal. $45 in advance for a 5-day. I used Park N Cruise last time, and would do it again in a heartbeat. So convenient, and $35 per car in advance for 4/5 day cruises. We had 2 cars. We dropped off the people & luggage at the curb, and then drove literally across the street to Park N Cruise. After parking, it was a 2-minute walk, and we were back with our party. The walk was probably about as far or less than an average Walmart parking lot walk at a busy time. I think the people that park at the port are shuttled back. I prefer just taking the very short walk and saving $10.

The 2 times before, we used EZ Cruise Parking, which requires shuttles. It might be a couple bucks cheaper than Park N Cruise, but they have small shuttles (carrying about 10 people), and there can be extremely long lines. Both going & coming back, we got to skip ahead of almost 100 people in line, because we were the only party of 2, and the shuttle had 2 spots left. At debarkation, there had to be over 100 people in line. But Lighthouse Parking shuttles used big buses, and they had almost no line. But since the shuttle drop-off & pick-up spots are way at the end of the terminal's curb, you will probably walk as far to/from the drop-off/pickup spots as you would to Park N Cruise, situated immediately across the street from where you come out of the terminal.

I've done both EZ Cruise and Park & Cruise. I like parking inside the warehouse at Park & Cruise better and walking across the street better than taking the shuttle bus, but really it's a toss-up as to which one is "better."

Both lots offer discounts if you book ahead of time online.

I've done both EZ Cruise and Park & Cruise. I like parking inside the warehouse at Park & Cruise better and walking across the street better than taking the shuttle bus, but really it's a toss-up as to which one is "better."

Both lots offer discounts if you book ahead of time online.

Same here. We always use park n cruise. Park inside and then walk across the street!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

There is also another lot that is all inside parking which is right on the corner at the red light across from the terminal. It used to be BOI Valet but has been sold or something because the name is now Galveston VIP Cruise Parking. It is more expensive though. We parked there for our last cruise when it was BOI but was unable to reach them this year to book. I guess because they were in the process of changing. We went ahead and booked at Park N Cruise. Either one is great because they are so convenient to the port.

• 2 weeks later...

Question about Park n Cruise. I have used them once before, but I can't for the life of me remember if I was able to drop off luggage to porters at terminal first and then go park across the street. I am a solo cruiser this time and was thinking about ease w just one set of hands. Can someone refresh my memory?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Forums mobile app

Question about Park n Cruise. I have used them once before, but I can't for the life of me remember if I was able to drop off luggage to porters at terminal first and then go park across the street. I am a solo cruiser this time and was thinking about ease w just one set of hands. Can someone refresh my memory?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Forums mobile app

You can do that if you prefer. I don't know why you couldn't. Park N Cruise doesn't care whether you have luggage when you show up there or not.

Have a great cruise!

• 2 weeks later...