Britannia Club on Queen Elizabeth

Hoveto

Hi, we are booked on the Queen Elizabeth for Christmas. Could anyone advise me as to what extra a la carte items are usually offered in addition to the Britannia restaurant.

Thanks,

David

I can't remember the items offered on the a la carte menu, the usual menu was so good I don't think I ordered off of it at all. I do remember that we were able to have table side crepes suzette which was a real treat!

I remember flambe cherries were on offer, and quite delicious, do choose these, but not available on the first or final night. There was also steak, but as Sheila says, the normal menu was more than adequate. I was also perusing the vegetarian menu, so too much choice to remember! The service was excellent, and the smaller restaurant was lovely and intimate. Choose a table by the window. Our waitress was Lara and she was delightful. Enjoy!

We were on the Queen Elizabeth last year for 36 happy days. Our waiter was JoJo. He was terrific.

The menu doesn't list a la carte items as such.

It's format is: (1) royal spa selections (healthier/lower in calories) (2) appetizers and soups (3) salad (4) entrees (5)

There are about six entree choices each night.

It doesn't say so on the menu, but you may make special requires to your waiter. Some people doesn't like the offerings and request something else (simple) like a steak. Your waiter can also bring "extra vegetables" if you like. I understand shrimp cocktails are available, even when not listed on the menu.

There are always vegetarian selections. There are no-sugar desserts every night.

A cheese plate is offered every night, instead of or along with dessert.

We have always found items on the menu that were appealing to us.

At the end of the voyage, your waiter will give you a pile of menu from your entire voyage, if you ask.

The QE is a great ship. Have a wonderful voyage!

In January on the World Voyage there was a separate a la carte menu available in the Britannia Club dining room and it was reasonably extensive eg scallops available as a starter. It is surprising that Cunard do not put this menu on the website as the dinning is the major part of the Club differential.

The menu doesn't list a la carte items as such.

The Club menu does, - Prawn Cocktail & Escargots I think as well as Steak, Chicken & Salmon main courses. There may have been Scallops on there was well but I can't remember whether they were a starter or main course.

There was usually a flambe for dessert - pineapple, banana or cherries & one appearance for crepes suzette in 12 days !

Have a wonderful time at Christmas.

Edited by hattie the cattie