Port of Miami Parking

bvm5

Easy answer, yes, parking at the Port is by far the most convenient, safe and secure way to park for a cruise in Miami. It is also the most expensive at $20 a night.

There are offsite parking options that could save you around 50% of the cost, some decent, some horrible, nothing near the piece of mind as parking at the port.

If the $20 a night isn't a problem, take that option.

• 2 weeks later...

Based on my experiences with both port and off site parking in Miami, I will just pay the $20 a night and park at the port in the future. I parked at the port for one cruise, and it was great. Parked and walked across road to port. When we left, we just walked to car, paid fees, and left. I've also tried two different shuttle companies; one was even recommended by a friend. Both experiences were poor. My car was safe both times, but the wait time for the shuttles was horrible. The first company left us waiting at the port for pick-up for more than an hour after our cruise. We made phone call after phone call to no avail. We were literally the last passengers left at our terminal that morning before they showed up. Our experience with the second company started out really bad. We were still waiting for transport to the port at 1:15 even though we had arrived at the garage at around 12:00. They advertised that shuttles run every 20 minutes. Two of them did. Each held about 10 people. That means 20 people every 20 minutes left for the port. The problem was that there were more than 50 people ahead of us in line. There were still at least 30 people still waiting in line when we managed to get on a shuttle. We saved about $70, but I'm not sure that it was worth the frustration related to the shuttle.