Has anyone actually cruised using the online check in?

So tell me...do they simply scan the barcode at the top and take the paper with your signatures and you are on your way? Do they still send or email you documents/luggage tags? Is there something you have to given them from your document packet? I called Royal Caribbean as I had a questions about the new online process and they said the documents are not needed at all. I have two cruises coming up - one with Celebrity on the Mercury in October and one aboard the Monarch at Thanksgiving. Both have that new check-in system in place. I too was curious about the process.

ellen: The set sail pass should just get you onto the ship without waiting in the check in lines. You'll still get your Sea Pass card for key and ID on the ship. :)

Sailfish: I received my edocs a few months ago. I did the online checkin recently. I still got both, even though the online checkin was to become available for my trip. They papers have different things. The online check in form is short. The edocs were a lot of pages about a lot of different topics, including the sample luggage tag. :)

We just got back from the NOS and we used the online check-in. It was soooo much faster than doing it at the port. After they checked our setsail pass, they put us in the fast lane with priority cards. We were actually the first ones in line! :D

on RCCL web site it states that you will be able to do on line check in on all ships by 9 12 05. there is also a list of which ships and sailing dates are able to do it yet. mine was listed but when i put in my res number i did not see an option for on line check in. not sure why.,

I just tried printing my SetSail Pass twice this evening. Everything on the Pass is correct, but the barcodes at the top and bottom show up as broken links, i.e. small red x.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Archived