Wedding at Mr Sanchos - Cozumel

jusilva

What are the temperatures like in Cozumel in July?

It was especially humid on our wedding day January 11th because it had rained the 5 days prior.. 1/2 of our guests (including us!) ended up wading in the ocean to cool down near the end of the reception haha. It might be a good idea to consider cooling options, or time of day, etc. depending on what you're planning!

It might have been especially warm to us since we were coming from an average of 0*F winter weather and going to 80-90*F + humidity. You might be more acclimated in July!

Wow! Now I am changing my mind! Did you a regular package with carnival or the wedding package? Did you get legally married in Mexico? My only concern would be if the ship change itineraries...but I will check the prices with them! Thank you very much for your responses!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I didn't mean to make you change your mind! I just wanted to share a few things I learned a long the way for your consideration!

Don't miss checking out what I wrote back on the other thread too - it had a lot of details!

We didn't do any of our wedding through the cruise line - we only booked our Group Cruise Rate through them - but it's the same as any other group cruise (Reunion, business, etc.) and used a private vendor on the island (Cozumel Wedding Planners) for everything wedding related! They were incredible, so reasonably priced, with way more flexibility and options than the cruise line itself would have. Plus, you could plan as far in advance as you want!

Yes, there is some concern with a ship changing itineraries to consider, but the contract with CWP doesn't have to be finalized until 1 month out, so pre-planned itinerary changes usually come out before then. Cozumel is a pretty stable port that is rarely missed, so I also took that into consideration when I picked it. I'd definitely be cautious about picking a tender port.

Do cruises go to Cozumel in July? I thought a lot of them went to Europe at that time. But I honestly have no idea what the weather is like then - you could look it up to give you a better idea? Or if you want to email Stephanie or Lluva from Cozumel Wedding Planners they'd be happy to assist you as well.

We actually did not get legally married in Mexico.. they require blood tests yadda yadda... a good family friend of ours is ordained, we filled out the paper work with him prior and then had technically a 'symbolic' ceremony in Mexico with the same person... but for all intents and purposes it was our wedding day. I totally recommend this route because our ceremony was so personal. CWP offers all the options including providing the minister, but I loved having someone who actually knows us marry us as well as make the ceremony about us as a couple. Totally up to you and what you're envisioning though!

Other things: our wedding vision was to have a fun, stress free destination wedding with our closest family and friends while still including a lot of the 'traditions' of a classic wedding. I think you can see that from the Salt & Light photography blog on my other thread. Hence, we didn't do an elopement style wedding. A lot of my experience comes from that perspective, just to give you an idea! We brought our own minister and photographer, but CWP could have also arranged both if we had preferred.

Also re: the weather. For our wedding on 1/11 even though it was pretty warm, it really wasn't that bad except during the ceremony itself when we were standing in the direct sun, and when we were dancing haha. It was quite pleasant in the shade and the bartenders were AMAZING. There were seriously an unlimited number of options of frozen drinks that were SO delicious and worked great to keep us cool.

I don't know where you're from, but I've never been to a wedding in Kansas City where the bartenders came around to the guests' tables to make sure everyone had plenty to drink, and would bring new things to try. You could go up to the bar as well of course! Basically a frosty beverage was never very far away!

This was our experience at Mr. Sancho's wedding venue at least. :)

It is a good thing to explore other options. I looked at the packages and prices online just now....But I will have no more than 8 people on my wedding, so won't be a reception. It will be very small.

We live in Florida, yes, it will be really warm in July! I kind choose A not too heavy wedding gown. I am so looking forward for the wedding! I went to Cozumel in August before, and we know what thats going to look like....hot! But I am sure it will be beautiful. I hope the ship photographer will take nice pictures too.

Thank you so much for all your help and I will keep you post it.