QM2 inside cabins - which ones are quiet?

zeynel

Hello all,

This is my first time in any cruise ship. I am planning to sail from New York to Southampton on May 16. I read in this forum that some inside cabins are noisy and with vibration. How do I know which inside cabins are quiet and free of vibration? Do we get to choose?

Thanks!

That crossing is sold out in some categories and for Inside cabins on the Cunard UK website, the only available cabins are 12041, 12039, 10041, 10071. It might be an idea to do a dummy booking on Cunard's US website to see if the availability is any different.

Edited by Ray66

Thanks. How do I know where those cabins are? And how did you get to the cabin numbers? I tried to book but I only saw general information about cabins like "low deck midship" not cabin numbers.

That crossing is sold out in some categories and for Inside cabins on the Cunard UK website, the only available cabins are 12041, 12039, 10041, 10071. It might be an idea to do a dummy booking on Cunard's US website to see if the availability is any different.

All these are bow or midship and high up. Can't think of a risk. Had PGs 10030 and 1067 close to 10041 and 10071 without noticing any noise.

It would help the original poster if they could get a copy of the deck plans (which are in the brochure)

For movement mid ship is best , but OMO it is more important to check on locations which are NOT

Under such public areas as Queens room, theatre, Buffet are or pool

Cabins that are next to laundry rooms

Cabins that have a connecting door to the cabin next door.(this can be seen in the deck plans mentioned above )

Recently when I booked for 2015, I was given cabins which were in one of the above locations, fortunately it is early enough that I was able to change to cabins that are not in such locations.

We always bring earplugs.

We have sailed over 60 days on the QM2. Only had to use them during one voyage.

Poor seal in the door to an adjoining cabin. Could hear conversations---could hear them rattle ice in their ice bucket! Could hear their wake up calls at 6 a.m.

The earplugs muffled all noises.

Most cabins and locations are fine.

Deck 5 might be a "quieter" location because there are cabins above and below.

They don't sell earplugs on the ship. Pack some, just in case, but don't worry. You will have a wonderful time!