Cruise Price

Hello Folks,

I'd like to ask why Cruise Prices are different by Region or Nationality?

I have now big interest in cruising. Now, I always think or consider crusing with my family during my annual vacation.

I notice prices are best offered when you are a resident in North America. I am from Asia residing in Middle east.

We experience cruising with RCL Liberty of the Seas in the mediterenean last Oct 2013. I would like to plan this year or early next year to cruise.

Getting the best price is good. You can use your saving on board activities or shore trips.

As long I will be eligible for savings, discounts, or best prices. I'd would like to avail it.

Thank you guys in advance for advise and travel tips. :)

Cruise lines have to pay fees to the country or state they are sailing from/to. In my experience, in the United States for example, cruises out of Florida are generally cheaper than cruises out of New York. The fees in New York are higher than the fees in Florida, so it'll cost more to cruise out of New York.

Cruise lines that are based in the US tend to offer their best pricing to US and Canadian clients.

Often discussed on these boards are the inequalities of cruise fares in far away (from the US) places like Australia and the UK.

Some passengers have found work-arounds by using US based travel agents to book their cruises or friends and relatives who live in the US or Canada. This can work well, or fail completely.

Cruise lines vary as to their policies in this matter, so shopping around is a good idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Last-last-last minute cruise offers may be available to people living within easy driving distance of the port. That is, Florida and Georgia residents might see super-low fares just a few days before sailing, when most of us living further away couldn't drive to the port in time.

The only time I could imagine nationality being an issue is in cases where special visas are needed. When I traveled to India from the US, for example, I needed a special visitor sticker in my passport. Not aware of any specific issues in the Caribbean, but don't take my word on as final.

I can understand what you mean. I have just been pricing a 7 day Alaskan cruise from here in Australia on HAL. If I book through an online TA in the USA, the fare is US$ 2377. Booking through the HAL website, which automatically defaults to an Australian $ price structure as soon as it recognises the online enquiry as coming from Australia, the fare is A$4500 - ie about US$4200 or 77% higher than the US price - for the exact same cabin, same ship and same voyage!!!! I would really be interested to know how such a price differential can be justified!

Hi All,

Not sure of the exact details but it does seem that US/Canadian residents get the best prices available.

A colleague of mine recently asked if they could use the address of my holiday home (in Fort Lauderdale) to book a Celebrity Cruise.

This apparently got them a significant saving on what they would have paid using a UK address.

I can understand what you mean. I have just been pricing a 7 day Alaskan cruise from here in Australia on HAL. If I book through an online TA in the USA, the fare is US$ 2377. Booking through the HAL website, which automatically defaults to an Australian $ price structure as soon as it recognises the online enquiry as coming from Australia, the fare is A$4500 - ie about US$4200 or 77% higher than the US price - for the exact same cabin, same ship and same voyage!!!! I would really be interested to know how such a price differential can be justified!

Thanks you guys for all your comment.

To : EMS

Yah. I second that motion. Atleast cruise line should have a fix international price other than price offer in Home base of cruise line companies.

Or as commented by Thinfool. We dont have much an option but shop around and look for a bargain.

You know, really I was planning to book on US website but I fear that by the time you check in. You would be denied boarding. You dont want to spoil your vacation just because you made mistake on booking on a wrong website.

Edited by Dreamwonder