Question about booking cruise on a cruise

PSkinner

I know before with the Future Cruise Certificates you only had to pay $100 to purchase one. Now when you book a cruise on the cruise...Do you:

1. have to book a specific cruise or just one in the future?

2. have to pay full deposit?

3. have to book 2 people at the time or can you book just one and pay half on deposit?

Hmmm, interesting questions... When we booked a future cruise on-board, we had all of the information for the future cruise: ship, cruise date, cabin, cost. Yes, we got a $100 OBC (8 day cruise) for this future cruise. Yes, we had to pay the deposit that was required.

If you don't know which future cruise, how can you book one? Also, if you choose to book just one person, you will be booking at a "single's" rate. And I am not sure if it is possible to "add" a person after the fact.

Steve

I know before with the Future Cruise Certificates you only had to pay $100 to purchase one. Now when you book a cruise on the cruise...Do you:

1. have to book a specific cruise or just one in the future?

Not quite sure, but I'm sure someone else will answer.

2. have to pay full deposit?

Yes, the full deposit is due unless there is some sort of half price deposit special going on.

3. have to book 2 people at the time or can you book just one and pay half on deposit?

Now on Carnival, even solos pay double the deposit. I wanted to book the Pride repositioning cruise (15 days) as a solo and my deposit would have been $800! I had to pass.

We just did this last week. Yes, you must book a specific cruise/date. If you book ES they will charge $50 per person to change if you need to when you get back. Past Guest rate didn't charge to change. They charge $250 per person deposit. The 7 day was a $100 OBC, up to $200 OBC for longer cruises and less OBC for shorter.