Renewing Wedding Vows

DH and I were married aboard the Carnival Destiny in 2007. Our son was only 3 at the time and didn't come because a plane ride from Minneapolis directly to San Juan would have been awfully long. We're taking him on the Sunshine next year and are thinking of renewing our wedding vows. Does anyone have experience with vow renewal? How do you sign up for and pay for it? (We honestly don't remember how we did it in the past). I searched Carnival's site and all I could find was the PDF price sheet with the the packages they offer. I'm assuming now we'd have to call. Also, how soon do we have to sign up for it? Thanks for any insight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We renewed our vows last October on the Breeze. It was the best. You just call, pay for the package and sit back, relax. They left me a envelope with who to contact when we boarded. The renewal takes place on a sea day that there is no formal night things going on. They have a photgrapher there to take as many pictures as you want. Its like a wedding. We have several of our friends there and have a great time.

I booked the deluxe renewal (36 people) on the breeze for feb 2015! I just called the wedding department and paid for it. Later I received an email with the cost of the picture packages, entertainment, food menu, and cake flavors. So far so good. My cruise is a 6 night cruise with 2 formal nights both are sea days. I was told that it would be on one of these two nights.

I booked the deluxe renewal (36 people) on the breeze for feb 2015! I just called the wedding department and paid for it. Later I received an email with the cost of the picture packages, entertainment, food menu, and cake flavors. So far so good. My cruise is a 6 night cruise with 2 formal nights both are sea days. I was told that it would be on one of these two nights.

We did ours on the Breeze last year. Had 16 people in our party. It was really nice. We thought they were going to give us some dry snacks and such and they gave us enough food both cold and hot to feed way more then we had. They served the bubbly stuff and you could order any drink you wanted. It was scheduled for 1 & 1/2 hours, but they told us we could stay as long as we wanted. They took lots of photos and offered them to us (8x10) for $10 each. This was held on the 2nd sea day (elegant night) at 4 PM. Captain performed the service. The cost was $750, but after 46 years, it was well worth it to us.

Here is a link to our cruise and a few photos of the service.

http://s594.photobucket.com/user/welldone60/library/#/user/welldone60/library/Breeze%20Cruise%202013?sort=9&page=1&_suid=139586883847003895157619019036

This may be a stupid question, but do they have you walk down the aisle like a real wedding or do they just have everyone gather around? :o

When we had our onboard wedding, I had no idea what to expect. Thanks everyone for the responses. The pictures look beautiful! :)

They will do what ever you want. They asked and my wife decided she would walk down a short aisle.

Thank you for posting your pictures!! The cost has gone up to 850.00 and the reception is only 1hr now. Very much looking forward to it!

Bring a CD with your music. We did not as we were told by shoreside staff when we booked there would be an extra charge if we wanted to use our music, but when we were onboard, they asked why we did not bring a CD and there is no charge. They have music, but it would have been nice if we had a few of "our" songs.

I think our reception was listed as 1 hour, but that is after the service. They had told us before hand that it the whole thing would be about an hour and half. There was nothing scheduled after our event, so they told us we could stay if we wanted.

Edited by welldone60

Is there a simpler/cheaper option? We're celebrating our 25th anniversary on a cruise next summer, but it will be just the two of us, so we don't need a big reception thing, just a short sweet ceremony.

Is there a simpler/cheaper option? We're celebrating our 25th anniversary on a cruise next summer, but it will be just the two of us, so we don't need a big reception thing, just a short sweet ceremony.

Yes there are several packages to choose from. Not sure what the prices are. Just call Carnival's 800 number and they will put you in contact with the right person.