What is going on?!?

I understand fully about all the restaurants and everything, but the way Royal handled this reveal BAFFLES me! Let me explain what I think is going on:

The real reveal happened from 1 to 3pm today but everyone was told to keep it under wraps until tonights "Live" reveal.

The at the Royal Caribbean Press Center, the "Live" news feed is actually a pre-made video with a disclaimer saying that the live event will be available tomorrow.

What gets me confused is that there are live tweets right before 6:30 stating that they are "so excited to hear what's going on" or "waiting for the live event" from people like @CruiseCritic and other Cruising websites. SO is there another reveal going on right now after the earlier one? Or are these people playing along with Royal and tweeting pictures from their couches to make it look to everyone who wasn't invited that there is a Live event happening now.

Last confusing comment/question: Royal keeps stating that 100% of the total Guests onboard will have the 5 complimentary dining venues to choose from when in fact what I am reading is that 1 of them, Coastal Kitchen, is actually only for suite guests bringing that number down to only 4 restaurants to attend. Is this accurate, and if so, why are they advertising it this way when its completely misleading and lying! (They stated this in multiple press releases, the video, and comments by the Rep from RCI in another Thread).

If anyone else can explain any of this, you will get a big thank you, cause I for one am lost!:confused:

I'm with you and am confused by all this. Hopefully someone can shed some light.

One thing that bothers me, is that they are calling this RCCL revolutionary dining at sea, when in fact they are not revolutionizing anything. This is the NCL Freestyle dining but tweeked. I have no problem with one line using other line's ideas, but please don't act as if you invented it.

The real reveal happened from 1 to 3pm today but everyone was told to keep it under wraps until tonights "Live" reveal.

:

I attended today's reveal - We werent told to keep it under wraps. I was in the 2nd row and took alot of pics. Adam G said he wanted to tell the C&A members before he told the media which was at 6pm today.

I attended today's reveal - We werent told to keep it under wraps. I was in the 2nd row and took alot of pics. Adam G said he wanted to tell the C&A members before he told the media which was at 6pm today.

This makes much more sense! The 6pm media reveal was never really announced only the earlier one was. Thank you very much!

And yet no word on a royal Promomade or more info on the decks itself.

Exactly :mad: Also we do not know anything about the retail spaces, entertainment (other than the music hall and mama mia), or itineraries. Plus do we have word on any of the old lounges/bars like the champagne bar, boleros, R Bar, cigar bar, Schooner bar etc. We do know that there is no Viking Crown which is okay because we now have 270

Edit: There's also a few more "More to Come" spaces that could end up being those bars... we will just have to wait and see

Edited by hcps-osullivax

Thankfully, it will be a few years before I sail on Quantum/Anthem so I'll get the real scoop from CCer's in their post-cruise reviews.

The RCI rep is doing a great job of not answering questions. I wondered about the C&A events/Captain's reception and how those would be scheduled without traditional dining to sandwich the events between. What I got for an answer was that there are no formal nights, but I could eat at The Grande for a formal experience :rolleyes: :confused:

I guess I'll wait to hear from C&A members, which, if any, C&A events are held on board, and where. I'm really in no hurry for the info so will probably get off the Quantum boards now.

Edit: There's also a few more "More to Come" spaces that could end up being those bars... we will just have to wait and see

By process of elimination the remaining "More to Come" spaces have to be entertainment venues (bars, clubs, etc.)... there's nothing else they could be. Dining is revealed, retail is marked at retail, and there is very little information available about the entertainment venues.

I find this new dining option ridiculous. Booking opens for dining in May 2014 when you can book your restaurants. We sail on Anthem in August 2015 so how on earth will I know which restaurants I want to book in May this year for August next year. If we don't book though, and leave it until nearer the time or when we are on the ship, the included restaurants will be full and we will have to pay more each night by going to the ones which charge. I am furious with this and am contemplating cancelling the cruise and booking on a more organised ship !!

I find this new dining option ridiculous. Booking opens for dining in May 2014 when you can book your restaurants. We sail on Anthem in August 2015 so how on earth will I know which restaurants I want to book in May this year for August next year. If we don't book though, and leave it until nearer the time or when we are on the ship, the included restaurants will be full and we will have to pay more each night by going to the ones which charge. I am furious with this and am contemplating cancelling the cruise and booking on a more organised ship !!

I believe the May 15th date will be like when Oasis opened up for entertainment bookings. They had a set number of weeks before your sailing that you could book entertainment for. The opening date for booking was after the first several sailing were within their window so multiple sailings opened on that day, but not all sailings.

The e-mail that RCL sent out today seems to keep stressing that passengers should rotate to different dining rooms and not just stay with one. When NCL first started freestyle, they could not predict how many passengers would show up and at what time. Next came the beepers to move passengers from lines outside the dining rooms.

With having to make reservations for dining and the shows, it looks like there could be some "rocky" times ahead for those who book late or are not aware of the new system. Missing shows was a big issue on NCL because the wait staff was so slow in serving that dinner usually ran close to 2 hours no matter what time you were seated.

With over 4,000 passengers, any hicups could be really, really bad. With the higher cabin prices, passengers will be more demanding to get their choice of dining times, etc.

There was no mention of any special preference for diamond and above other than for suite passengers. Wonder what the feeling is for those in those groups used to getting extra perks?

MARAPRINCE

The RCI rep is doing a great job of not answering questions. I wondered about the C&A events/Captain's reception and how those would be scheduled without traditional dining to sandwich the events between. What I got for an answer was that there are no formal nights, but I could eat at The Grande for a formal experience :rolleyes: :confused:

I agree with you there! They were using answers straight from a Q and A document and ignoring the questions they don't really have an answer for

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Quantum/14037847_QN_Class_Culinary_FAQs.pdf