Ukraine/Crimea

I have today emailed Simon Calder (Senior Travel Correspondent for The Independent) and explained the problem. He mailed me back very quickly and asked me for details of the original itinerary and the revised itinerary. I have done this and await his advice. I know Thomson can't and obviously won't be going to Crimea, but why have they not written to us, their customers?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well that will probably get things moving! He often does a spot on BBC News so we'll be looking out for you being interviewed on the telly soon! :eek::D

Edited by kruzseeka

Thomson have had no option other than to change this cruise in the light of events there, the T&C which refer to changes due to 'riot, civil unrest, terrorism' (or something to that effect) plus Foreign Office advice to not travel to the Ukraine to say nothing of your personal insurance no doubt being invalid if you were to travel to such an area.

The change is not the issue - but the communication from Thomson to their customers and reasonable offers of options for them to consider as a result of the changes is. They have had plenty of time now to inform people of the changes and implications - especially as for some the balance is due. An admin failure of respectful response to their customers! Not good enough! :(

As per my post above, the Package Travel Regulations state that any change must be notified to the customer ASAP, which they have not done, so it is still covered under this act.

As per my post above, the Package Travel Regulations state that any change must be notified to the customer ASAP, which they have not done, so it is still covered under this act.

Yep! All comes back to that lack of communications issue we so often have with Thomson - plus the disregard they seem to have for their customers. As I said, not good enough!

Yipee! Thomson PR department have finally woken up - received email this morning advising of the change, what do they say everything comes to them that wait.

Roll on July 14th: